muscle tremors and shaking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starmom, May 8, 2006.

1. starmom

starmom New Member

Lately I have been having a new symptom/problem. After exertion (like my 3 mins of exercise, or changing the shower curtain, or walking to the mailbox) my legs shake and tremble uncontrollably when I sit down. I have to sit down b/c the trembling is so bad. I feel like I have run miles and miles.

I only get the 3 mins of exercise b/c it is all I can handle. Even it hurts many days and it is non-impact on a glider/walking machine.

Today sometimes typing is causing similar trembling in my hands and arms.

I am scared. Any help?

Susie
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I was scared when I first experienced this symptom also. Cymbalta has helped control this symptom for me. I have seen other threads on the board about this. Muscle tremors and shaking seem to be a fairly common symptom for us.
  3. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

I get this all the time after exerting muscles. It scared me the first few times it happened, but I'm used to it now.

I did ask my doctor about it and he didn't seem concerned.

4. hob

hob New Member

that others have this issue. I have had a bit of a tremor my whole life but it was gotten worse as the onset of fibro came. Mine also seems to get worse on days that my sugar intake is low even though i am not a diabetic or hypoglycemic.