Muscle twitch/spasm on inside of knee...what's up?:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Nov 1, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I've had a muscle twitch/spasm on the inner side of my knee for 2 days. Feels like those twitches you get on your eyelid occassionally. Does anyone else get this? I've never had muscle spasms so don't know if that's what this is.

It's strange and really starting to annoy me. Anyone know how to make it stop?

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Muscle twitching is one of the many symptoms of our illness; I get it in my thumbs, forearms & eyelids. Some days it drives me batty. I hope some one here can suggest an effective treatment for you, xxx
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

This is really irritating. The spasms are more painful for me (or what I call a spasm) the muscles tighten up and literally will sort of stick out.

I have the twitches and jerks a lot.

I know that there is medication to help.

I have read that magnesium supplements will help with twitching but I can't attest to that personally. I am taking the supplement but started recently.

My twitches/jerks are really bad for a while and then they will settle down to where I only have maybe 20 a day.
    Most are very small movements that no one notices but me.

I get them all over my body.
  4. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

you name it. It has seemed to me to be progressive. My twitching started with my right bicep. It would jump all around for about 5-10 minutes at a time. Then it was some leg muscles, then- which was really odd, I could feel some internal abdominopelvic muscle- very interior- it felt like a strong fluttering... almost like a baby's first movements in the womb! Except #1 I'm not Pregnant, #2 it was consistent, and would maintain for several minutes.

The tremors are just like a deep shaking. I feel them deep in my chest sometimes- I have thought at times that may be anxiety or something else. But I also shake when I'm writing, holding the telephone, trying to hold my knees together like a 'proper lady' sends them dancing to a spastic tune!

I get muscle spasms frequently- from arms and legs to torso even- those literally cause me to flex forward if I'm lying in bed, sleeping! Last night, I was posting, and my right torso spasmed at the same time my left arm did- I must have been a sight! Doubling over to the right and throwing my arm up over my head... yeesh.

I take Magnesium also, so I can't affirm that it works for that. When they get bad, I do light stretching and yoga, particularly focusing on the 'irritated' muscles, stretchg into them and then consciously relaxing my entire body into the stretch. That often helps me. I have Zanaflex also for that very reason, but it doesn't work for that apparently!

Good Luck!
    Lollie
  5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Very indicative of fibro. Whatever part of body that has spasms I'll get twitching. If the twitching goes away, I'm usually doing better. Hope yours stops soon !!!