Muscle twitching & cramps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, May 19, 2009.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Forgive me if this subject has been discussed before. I tried using the search on this site, but it doesn't come up with anything.

For the past few days, the muscles in my feet have been twitching and cramping whenever I get off my feet. I've read that it could be because of a lack of potassium, but I eat bananas on a regular basis. I also take extra magnesium.

Is there anything else I can do? The twitching is annoying, but bearable. The cramps are very painful and sometimes don't stop for a few minutes.

Thanks in advance.
  2. meowee

meowee New Member

I have that also, as soon as I go to bed. I get comfortable on my heating pad and then it starts. My arms and legs will jerk.

You are not alone.

Good luck and God bless
  3. ChuckNBerkeley

ChuckNBerkeley New Member

I had terrible calf cramps for many years. Finally did extensive research on muscle cramps. Concluded was magnesium. Through trial and error determined I needed 400 or 500 mg per day. Twice, several years apart, I purchased magnesium based on the doseage printed on the front. And both times soon after purchase I started having cramps again. Why? Because on the reverse it said to take two daily to achieve doseage printed on the front! Very deceptive!

The citrate form is supposed to be more absorbable than the oxide form.

Quinine was much quicker acting than magnesium but is no longer available OTC.

4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

my fingers and toes twitch a lot lately. i am always worried i am getting parkinsons or MS..:(
  5. andreake

andreake New Member

I also have serious muscle twitching in my legs and cramping in my feet and hands. The only thing I know of is Magnesium, which helps, but doesn't take it completely away.

If you hear of anything else, or find anything that works, please let us know!