Muscle Wasting

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by HppeandMe, Oct 25, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I have had severe muscle wasting. The worst in the past several months. I say if I get better than I will have to have plastic surgery. I am dredding the thought of spring coming back (even if it is so far off). The thought of wearing t-shirt's skirts, or shorts makes me ill. What is even worse is that my husband left me for quite some time. He couldn't handle my illness. He has begged for forgiveness and says he is now ready to be with me through it. I am terrified if see what has happened to my body. It is not pretty.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anyway to build the muscle back without causing yourself more fatigue?

Also, just wondering where so many have gone to? Hopefully they are better now, but I have a feeling that may not be the case. It has been a while since I posted and two of my postings are still on the front page.

Thanks for your replies,
    Hope
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I take low dose Human Growth Hormone as mine got very low. I have read on the instructions that it is also used for severe muscle wasting. You might want to have the doc check out your HGH levels. Just a thought.

J

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2006]
  3. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your muscles. I really don't have that problem, but I have a lot of others. (Right now I am having severe ear and jaw pain....I have no idea what is going on. I am assuming it must be the Lyme since I don't have a cold or a tooth infection. I think that would pretty much be impossible with the amount of abx I take.) So I am not sure what to tell you that would help.

My LLMD did say he wants me to slowly re-introduce exercise,by doing at most 10 mins. on the treadmill once a week for now and then slowly, very slowly if I can handle it,build up.

I know how hard it is to have a relationship while having this disease, my hubby and I have had a bad few months. Isn't it true that some men just can't handle dealing with sickness? Some can ...but some really can't. I hope thing work out for you.

Take care Hope. I am sorry I haven't been much help but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

I just re-read this and it didn't make much sense...I forgot to say i am having a having a very bad brain day.

Love Mindy

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2006]