Muscles notted up after knee fracture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MargaretOB, Dec 6, 2006.

1. MargaretOB

MargaretOB New Member

Hi all,

I fell off of step ladder almost 3 weeks ago and fractured my knee. Luckily, they think I can get by without surgery, although I could end up needing it in a year.

My question to you is, my calf is really knotted up and very tender and I'm thinking it is due to fibromyalgia/myofascial pain or the accident itself bruising the muscles. I just had a doppler ultrasound done and it's not a blood clot. Not sure how to make this better beyond waiting and gently stretching it. It appears larger than the "normal" leg so there might be some swelling of the muscles. I am doing physical therapy to stretch and strengthen (am in wheelchair for a couple months), but thought you all might have ideas specific to our illness.

Thanks,
    Margaret
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this pain.

I can't help you much but will bump so others can see this.

Hugs and good health,

Nancy B
  3. MargaretOB

MargaretOB New Member

thanks. This has really been an adventure. I live alone and was determined to take care of myself, and suddenly found myself dependent on others. Amazing how your life can change in an instant, and how wonderful simple things like a toilet lift can be! haha You've got to keep laughing...