Muscles working 24 hours a day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, May 27, 2003.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Just read in Dr ST Amand's book that our musles, ligaments, tendons etc are working 24 hours a day-7 days a week. Imagine a non-Fmer exercising 24 hours a day..how sore would their muscles get?

That is why we never ever feel rested.
  2. AnnG

AnnG New Member

wanted to give someone FM for just a day (or week!) so they could really understand what the pain feels like?
  3. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

I used to think the muscles were working eradically (in spasm) 24 hours a day also. Then after reading how muscles work, I realized that most of my muscles aren't working at all--their frozen in a contraction. This contraction causes the soreness because waste products can't excape. Massage and acupressure are so effective because they relieve the contractions.

This can happen after exercise and is the reason people have pain after over-exertion. But for most CFS/FMers, the cause is the same as for acute illness - infections which produce muscle/nerve damaging toxins.

For most, the cause of this chronic infection is located in the nose/sinus. The deep sinus located between and behind your eyes are, when infected, like a alarm clock disrupting sleep and causing concentration problems when awake.

These infections are difficult to treat. For many saline nasal spray helps. Hope you feel better soon.

[ advertisement ]