mushroom supplements question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by ckahele, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ckahele

ckahele New Member

i asked this question on another post but thought i'd throw it out to everyone.

i am taking mitake mushroom supplements as an immune booster.

they are also sold at the store here.

since mushrooms are a fungus, would taking these supplements be counterproductive if you are trying to eliminate a yeast problem?

whaddya think folks?
    cyndy
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

a book I read on candidas - says No funghi.

I don't know if the supplements would be different from eating mushrooms or not.

Rosie
  3. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I think I answered you in the other thread. Everything I have read on many different candida diets says that fungus and mushrooms are a no-no. So, I don't see how a supplement mushroom would be different than eating a regular mushroom. A fungus is a fungus. Probably won't help you in getting rid of yeast overgrowth.

Nicole
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I asked Dr B at the ATlanta Clinic and she said the Miyake mushrooms are fine and contain no mold. I have talked with a family friend who is a Dr and he told me it was common to give Miyake to Chemo patients to help boost immune. Good Luck Lynn
  5. bct

bct Member

Just because Maitake is a fungus (mushroom) does not mean that it stimulates Candida. I think any book that promotes such a view is just voodoo science, i.e. = hogwash.

Maitake and Cordyceps are both being used and studied more and more.

I believe Dr. Burruscano's (sp?) protocol for Lyme disease includes Cordyceps.

I alternate both; a bottle of Maitake 'til it's gone, then over to Cordyceps.

Good health to you cyndy.

6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I eat them every chance I get to help my immune system. They are a little hard on the digestion, though. I don't think I can stop - I am a mushroom addict.
  7. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Mushrooms are not bad. They are fine unless you have candida. They are basically a giant mold. People with Candida are told to avoid mold. Everyone else can eat mushrooms to their hearts content! Lynn
  8. ckahele

ckahele New Member

no computer time over the weekend.
    too busy now that i'm a 'football' mom.

i think i'll order a bottle a mushroom booster from the store here..since i totally trust their processing.

maybe i can get the benefits to my immune syster while the threelac kills off any nasties.

thanks for the input!
    cyndy
  9. changbang

changbang New Member

Get off that myth already that mushrooms stimulate Candida, thats all bogus information. Actually certain species of mushrooms can help to get rid of Candida. Dont ask your doctor, doctors dont know much on fungi, unless they studied mycology how would they really know. Your best bet ask someone like Paul Stamets who is one of the world's leading mycologists based out of Oregon. Hit up www.fungi.com send them a message and ask them. Saying mushrooms are bad for you cause Candida is a mold, is like saying your gut Bacteria is bad cause it is a bacteria.<BR>
    <BR>
    "Candida albicans in both yeast- and mycelial form is about as related to mushrooms or the fungus in blue cheese as a fish is to a lizard, and over-generalizing will harm instead of help. Discouraging the consumption of molds and mushrooms because “You are feeding the Candida its own kind” is utter nonsense on many levels, and you’ll never see a link to a scientific article to prove it – because there aren’t any."