MUSHSROOMS SUPPLEMENT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deblin, Feb 4, 2007.

1. deblin

deblin New Member

JUST wondering if anyone here takes mushrooms supplement. i just bought some, with shitake, maitake, reishi, etc and other mushrooms

i heard was suppose to be good for immune health

2. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Dr. Andrew Weill is crazy for them. He thinks they are the greatest. For what that's worth.

Hope they do you good and let us know if you sense anything directly from them after a while.

Good luck.
  3. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Yeah, I take them. They are pretty expensive. I can't say I notice any effect (or side-effects), but then I am taking other supps. as well, based on what I have read.

All of these fungi have medicinal benefits .... some are even anti-fungals!

I am also taking a combination of amino's called Neuro-optimiser, that includes a.l. carnitine, etc.

Also take Olive Leaf extract, green tea extracts, Ginkgo, dhea, fish oil caps., and weekly B12 shots.

Other stuff I forget, lol.

Regards,
    Barry
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have heard that some people are concerned about mold in mushroom supplements. Anybody else heard about this?

Kathy
  5. suejackson

suejackson New Member

I take a mushroom supplement, RM-10, every day (once a day if I'm doing pretty well, 2-3 times a day if I'm crashed).

I definitely saw an improvement in my overall symptoms when I started the supplements two years ago. I had worsened to the point where I had a sore throat almost all the time. I started the mushroom supplement, plus olive leaf (an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal), and my sore throats retreated back to only at the start of a bad crash, as they'd been early in my illness.

They are expensive, but I've found the prices at Web Vitamins to be much lower than at my local stores (www.va.webvitamins.com). I take RM-10, which seems to work best for me. My two sons, who also have CFIDS, take Host Defense daily (it has smaller, easier-to-swallow capsules).

I also highly recommend the olive leaf for improving immune function.

Hope it helps you.

Sue
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've been taking reshi mushrooms for 1+ years now. I think they really have helped me in fighting off infections, etc.

they've been helpful for me
  7. Prunella

Prunella New Member

I have problems with mold and finally realized mushrooms make me sick, so be careful. I have heard a lot of good things about them, but won't try them myself.
  8. rubyart

rubyart New Member

These are mushrooms of some sort. A doc I like very much in OR recommended them before I started antivirals. They made me so sick for 2 days that I must have been herxing -- I don't know. It's hard to know whether reactivated pain is good, or if its just pain because you shouldn't do it. I stopped the tea, but others swear by it.