Must find a positive for neurotin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teresa4, Jul 5, 2006.

1. teresa4

teresa4 New Member

Hasn't anyone out there who has taken Neurotin find it works. I am beginning to think the fact that I feel so much better is all in my head and not in the drug. Although I must share, my doctor told me years ago they were giving neurotin with prozac and the likes and some people felt better, but the studies indicated more people had less positive reactions so they stopped it. I"m I crazy or has someone else out there been helped by this drug. I won't stop it until I have too. It has made a world of difference and I recommend at lease giving it a try under doctors supervision of course.
    Bless all in pain.
    Teresa
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take 1800 mg a day with 120 mg of cymbalta and thay have gotten me out of bed.

Yes I gained 40 lbs on it but I rather have a bit of a life so the weight gain does not bother me.

OH and I no longer gain weight it seems to have stoped.

Sue
  3. justplainmom

justplainmom New Member

I take the generic version - 600mg at night. I just got a refill last week, so this is probably only my 5th or 6th week on it.

I currently take Neurontin, Voltaren and Skelaxin.

My brain fog is gone, I sleep better and haven't woken up stiff once since I started this regimen. No doubt I'm better.

Not 100% improvement, but I am way better now than I was in March when they gave me Flexeril 10mg and Ultram. All that did was increase my brain fog!

The doctor did offer for me to try something else at my last appt. I refused. Right now I'm okay enough with this combo. Side effects are low for me and I don't want to chance messing it all up.

I am considering asking for an anti-depressant, though. Just putting it off because I always gain weight with them.

Glad you are feeling better!

Just remember nothing works the same way on each of us. Go with what works best for you.