MUST READ!! Good comprehensive articles on cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cobie, Nov 21, 2005.

1. cobie

cobie New Member

Hi, go to Google SACFS[south australian cfs society] and find the link to Dr John graham;s web page. very comprhensive. cheers cobie
  2. becc

becc New Member

Thanks for posting this, Cobie! I haven't been to the ME Society's website recently so didn't know about Dr Graham's new website. Had a quick look at it and it looks fascinating - I used to see Dr Graham and he's extremely knowledgeable about CFS so I'll be interested to read more of his work.

Hope you're ok :)

Bec
  3. cobie

cobie New Member

Hi, I"ve just finished reading his stuff !!!! Very comprhensive. How did you go with him ? Im actually booked to see Burnett in feb, is there much difference between these two guys and there methodology ? How are you going with him? What are you trying ? Cheers Cobie
  4. becc

becc New Member

Hi Cobie,

I haven't had a chance to read it yet but hopefully will soon. Dr Graham was great - very caring. He did a lot of tests and found a few things, including rickettsia, so I was treated for that with antibiotics. Both Dr Graham and Dr Burnett are very scientific. Dr Graham used natural products whenever possible but everything he did was very much based around the science of CFS. He's retired now, though, so I haven't seen him in the last three years or so..

Glad you're seeing Dr Burnett! I'm going well with him - he has me on lots of new things and they seemed to be helping a lot a few months ago. I've had probably the worst crash I've ever had in the last 6 weeks but hopefully will pick up again soon. I thought it may be related to the Salvital he had me take every morning as I was having chest pain/racing heart but those symptoms have started again after about a month off Salvital so I'm going to try it again and see how it goes.. Salvital will hopefully raise my blood pressure and help the dysautonomia side of CFS.
    After my first appointment with him he did a lot of blood tests and has been treating some of the problems he found in them - Vit. D, Magnesium, Potassium etc and I'm taking Baclofen in addition to my other pain meds to help with muscle spasms. There are a few other things he found, I think, but he's going to treat them later, if necessary.

I hope your appointment goes well. I'm seeing him again in January - he's very busy!

Take care,

Bec :)
  5. cobie

cobie New Member

Sorry to hear you have been in a bad crash, me too just coming out of it now after 8 weeks ,house ,bed bound. YUK YUK YUK .Its good to hear your pleased with Dr Burnett, fingers crossed!!!!!!! cheers Cobie

[ advertisement ]