My 15 seconds of fame-See pic in profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Dec 10, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

See post down the page below- I had a great time-Carla

I can't beleive it, I finally won tickets on ebay today. I'm doing the happy dance.

Matthew McCon and MAtt Fox, David Straithairn, even Oprah, yes Oprah is coming to town. This is the biggest thing that has ever hit this town.

I do in live KY, but I am only a mile from WV and this whole area has suffered so much, we were mainly steel mills and refiniries.

If you have not heard of this movie, please google We Are Marshall. It is a incredible story and this movie is oscar worthy.

They have made a DVD called "Behind the Scenes" which documents, why, where and how all this happened. It also for 10 bucks.

It is on the net but it is a 30 minute video and I have dial up, but I did find my scene and I'm there.

The premier is here on Tues and the Hollywood premier is Thursday. Then it will be released on Dec 22nd.

Porchies, I'll be back soon, I have been feeling better and am working on my house. I have to go pick up my tickets tomorrow and maybe shopping for something to wear, I think this deems a new outfit.

I am so excited I may have to put the depends on,lolol.

I know many of you can't get out to the movies, but please buy the DVD, I promise you won't regret it.

All of the main entertainment shows like ET, E!, Inside Edition, will be covering this Tue, so watch for it on Tue or Wed

Ok I'll shut up now- Carla :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/16/2006]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

What FANTASTIC news! How exciting! A Hollyood premiere. Not many of us will ever experience something like this! You have to tell us EVERYTHING~~~

It sounds like a wonderful movie. I love WV and KY. There are so many that have suffered. I will watch the movie! Cannot wait!

Take care, Carla!

3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Are you ready to do your handprints yet?

Thanks for keeping us posted. Looking forward to seeing this movie--and to spotting you in it!

Can you take any pictures at the premier? If so, why not post one on your profile?
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm glad you got your tickets, it sounds like a wonderful night.

Happy Holiday Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am happy for you!

6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Great news, Carla! Have a wonderful time - and buy stock in Depends.

7. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'm so happy you get to go. Have a great time and enjoy yourself.
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope you have a great time, Carla.
  9. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I'm so glad that your getting to do this, and the Movie, wonderful Memories for later in life too.

It just goes to show, that even when things look dark in our lives, there is always something Good just around the corner.

I will look for you, when the DVD gets here,

I don't have to say have FUN cause I know you will.

10. ckball

ckball New Member

I went to the We are Marshall movie premier in Huntington, WV on Tues.

I stood/sat in line from 12:30-4 pm so I could sit in the bleachers for the Green carpet. Then we waited until 6 before the stars and guests arrived.

They played music and we watched ourselves on the jumbo tron.

We sat on the top row because the guy said it was the best and it had a fence for a back rest. I didn't get any real good pics, my camera was acting up too. But they each made a speech on the big screen when they arrived.

Then we walked over to the theater about a block away to see the movie.

It really is a great movie, the story was told very well, Matt Fox fans, he deserves an award nomination for his role.

This is all sereal? To watch a movie about an area you've seen for years. I know most people outside of this area have never heard of this story. This is a true story and the movie shows that.

A Huntington Quarterly magazine did a special issue about the making of the movie, story, etc. I got one and they made a DVD about Marshall, then and now which included a free movie ticket. Walmart had 10 left on Wed, I bought 9, didn't want to be greedy,hehe.

I got them for my freinds and family. I am keeping one untouched. I was told that once they are gone, there won't be any more.

This will be a expereince I will rememeber forever. To meet all the people I did during this expereince. I felt more alive Tuesday than I have in a long time. I made it happen and felt great about that. Lesson to learn, is not all about winning or losing or how you play the game. All that matters is you DO play.

My regret is that I didn't spend the $250 to go to a after movie formal gala with the stars. People camped out on the sidewalk for 12 hours to get those tickets. The day they went on sale is was about 40 degrees and I wasn't feeling great either so I chose not to go.

However, I made my national debut on Inside Edition last night. I recorded it and watched ET, they both come on the same time.

Before the stars arrived I left the bleachers for a potty break, when I was walking the fence line back to my seat a camera was panning at the fence line, when he panned right, I had to move backwards to keep him from hitting me, his view was from the camera not beside him.

Then he panned right on to me. I waved and gave a big whoohoo. At the time I did not know which crew it was. Fox, Extra, Inside Editon were there plus the local stations.

So here I am watching Inside Edition and there I was close up. I couldn't believe it, I have it on tape. I was also seen on local tv by my freinds, one called me to ask me where I was sitting and she said she saw me. I taped that too, they did a 2 hour telecast.

You can go to to see video of the whole show, they broke it into categories like interviews and other stories

I put a pic in my profile of me from that day. I still see the old pic so please let me know what you see, me or Matt

How many people know the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? Well, I'm in that group now,lol Someone on the marsahll message board wrote it all out.

Well I guess I have went on enough, I will not talk about the movie, don't want to ruin it anyone.

Please go see this or buy the DVD when it comes out, you won't regret it. Just Keep Livin- Carla

The day before the movie, I went downtown and was scoping things out, planning where to park, etc. I was stopped by the local tv guy doing the promos and interviewed me for the 6 o clock news. Got that on tape too.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/16/2006]
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What an adventure. Glad you had so much fun.

Your picture now shows you in front of the theatre marquee. Is that one of the stars standing under it?
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

the people standing under the Marquee are media and security. We had to sit there for 2 hours, the girl beside me took my pic for me as I did for her.

MattMc had 2 big state troopers around him so it was hard to get a good pic, I got one ok pic of Matt Fox and one of McG the director.

Well today, back to the real world- gotta go to the teak shop. Carla
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

I am now paying the price for all my fun, but it was worth it.

It is going to be near 60 today and I'm stuck on the couch, but it is all good-

So far the movie has gotten good reviews and will go see it next Fri, I bought my tickets yesterday.

This movie sends a great message to all of us, there is always hope and NEVER give up.

If anyone goes to see this next week, please post and let me know what you thought- Carla
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we do pay a price, but it will be a memory you will never forget until dementia sets but it will be something yo can keep a scapbook for any of your family.

15. ckball

ckball New Member

you are so right about dementia,lol- That is why I recorded anything to do with the premier.

I have been scoping all media that was there to see what was printed and pictures that were taken. I am in a pic with McCon, but only I would would know me, I way in the background, same as Matt Fox.

I have never watched Lost but I may have to now, Matt Fox looks pretty good cleaned up- Carla