My 16 year old furry baby just died.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, Sep 11, 2007.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I just lost my baby YONA. She was a very lovable baby.

I am just killed over losing her.
    Those of you that are dog lovers know whatI am going thru. I had her mother about 3 years before she was born.

She always had a smile on her face for me.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2007]
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I'm so sorry. I know the pain is horrible.

Prayers are with you.

3. EmmasG

EmmasG New Member

I am sorry to hear about your dog. My dog died a couple of yrs ago and it was just like a member of the family died, well actually they are a member of the family. It is a sad thing to go thru as dogs love us now matter what. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

No words take away the pain and grief. Never at any age are we ready to let them go.

My heart and prayers goes out to you. Take comfort in loving your other furry babies. They will grieve too.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. It is so sad when our beloved pets leave us.

Mysticbrit posted something that I thought helpful earlier. Maybe she will post it again.

6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I have said goodbye to many great dogs and it tears your heart out. The measure of how wonderful they are is how willing we are to go through this awful pain in exchange for a few precious years of their love.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you. My heart is with you. God bless you,and be with you.
    I cannnot imagine life without my furbaby(see profile)
    he is my shadow and my heart. I am homebound, our babies are everything to us.

8. ckball

ckball New Member

My heart goes out to you, you have had so much happen this summer-my heart and prayers go out to you-Carla
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Furr babies are part of the family, you get so used to them being there.You have my sympathy for sure!

Take care!
  10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Only pet lovers can understand my pain. I found myself this morning going out to talk to her...

I haven't told my daughter, she is away at college and will be home this weekend, Yona was her baby, so I didn't want to ruin her week.

Thanks again to my "family" for being here for me this guys are really remarkable
    hugs to all

11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How hard it is to lose our furbabies. I'm glad you had so many years with her.

Take care of yourself...

12. jyl

jyl Member

Hugs to you.

13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how hard it is for you esp after having her for so long. They get to be like one of the family.

I hope that she didn't have to suffer any. I'll be thinking about you. I am sure you will have lots of fond memories of her ( I think it was a her- sorry if I am wrong). Doesn't matter anyway.

God bless you and your little furry baby !

Granni (Marilyn)
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven & Earth.
    It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its colors.
    Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of
    meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
    There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
    The old and frail animals are young again. Those who
    are maimed are made whole. They play together all day.

There is only one thing missing: They are not with
    their special person who loved them on Earth.
    Each day they run and play until the day comes
    when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
    The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring!
    And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet,
    you take him or her in your arms and embrace.
    Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once
    more into the eyes of your trusting friend.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together,
    never again to be separated.

15. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. Our 17 year old baby died a few months ago. He was like our child. I know exactly what you are going through. I will keep you in my thoughts.

16. Doober

Doober New Member

My heart goes out to you. I have 2 dogs (both female Australian Shepards) and they are so much a part of the family that we all would be very heartbroken when the day comes. Each pet (Dog, cat or whatever furries you have) are so unique much like humans that we tend to love each one just as we love our children because we treat them the same. We get mad at them, we cuddle with them and give them the little kisses on the head when they get hurt. They give back unconditional love and they know when we need their comfort since they tend to lay by our side when we truly need them. All we can do is treasure the time we have them and enjoy the memories.
  17. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Thanks for posting that...I really needed it.

to all of my friends here, thank you