My 18 year old daughter PG

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Jan 12, 2008.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi All,
    Jeez, it seems the stress never lets up for a minute around my house. My daughter is pregnant. But, I sent her to her first exam a couple days ago and the doctor said it may be a tubal pregnancy. He thinks this because she has had some pain in her right side. This has me very worried for my daughters' health. She had to go get a ton of bloodwork done, and is going to get a sonogram done next week. She is supposed to be 10-12 weeks along. It seems to me that the pregnacy could rupture very easily right now if it is a tubal. I don't understand why the docotor didn't do a sonogram right there in his office to find out. She is supposed to go to the hospital if she has any pain. Her belly sure is getting big, so I hope that is a good sign that it's not tubal. Hopefully it was just a pulled muscle or something like that. I know I used to get all sorts of crazy pains when I was pregnant. This is the same daughter we had the scare several months ago that she might be pregnant. I think she wanted to get pregnant for some reason. Who knows what goes on in these girl's heads anymore? I have never had a tubal pregnacy before. I did have endrometriosis, which she could have also. I suppose it is all in God's hand's now. It's not that she really needs a child at this point in her life, but I'd hate to se her lose one too. That would be so sad. I thank you all for your support, I don't know what I'd do without you!

Your Friend!
  2. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

Could you get your daughter a new doctor. I would wait till after the sonogram done next week. Because she needs that done and getting a new one right now may cause a delay in it. He doesnt sound like a good doctor to wait when all he had to do was order one done at the hospital. I have had 13 preg. I lost 5 of those and have 8 wonderful kids. So I know a lot about high risk prenancys. I have had a boat load of ultasounds done.
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Reading your "bio" it sure sounds like God has plans for you. I am sorry you have the burden of fibro, CFS and the rest.

I also have wanted to adopt from foster care. I may be too old now. At the time I was so sick it was impossible, but I am much better now.

I have a feeling your daughter is fine. Doctors always have to scare you and mention every possible potential problem - especially if she mentioned pain.

You are blessed.

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sonogram for a pregnancy so early to detect such deformities...i had to go to a special office to get one second miscarraige was early and there was no heart i had a d and c....spontaneous was for the best at the time i suppose...god does what is best for the situation i suppose.

good luck to your daughter...everything happens for a was saddening to me at first, but i got used to the idea....then i got pregnant w/cody....he is now 18 years old...wouldn't trade him for the world...he keeps me going in this crazy world.

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

most of all I hope your daughter will be alright. I am surprised that they didn't do a sonogram right away also. I just hope that your daughter will be OK,. That is the first and most important thing.

However, it just burns me up the way sex is pushed so much on TV, movies and everything else. That is part of the problem. However, I do not see that changing any time soon. That just makes so much more money for the people who do the movies and TV shows, etc. Wow, don't get me started.

Wow, in my day (in anceent times) the girls were so afraid of getting pregnant (even if they were having sex). Boy am I OLD !!

Jodie- My DIL lost two babies a regular miscarriage and the other was the baby wasn't deveoping so they did a d and c on her also. However, the baby was not as far along as Kellyann's daughters. I know how bad it was on her. They have been trying but are now thinking about fostering to adopt and have starated the classes for it..

Kellyann, please do keep us abreast of this situation and we will keep your daughter in our thoughts and prayers.

More hugs and blessings,

6. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Is this the same daughter that thought she was pregnant late fall/early winter? Is she with the same boy?

I think somewhere down the line, sainthood must be in your future.

7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Same daughter and same boy. They didn't learn a dang thing. Sainthood,haha! Sanitiy would be nice! My kids are determined to drive me insane. And I wonder why I have massive Migraines this week!

8. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Sometimes it's hard to figure out what goes through kids minds...

but at least I'll have company. We are supossed to find out this week if it is a grandson or granddaughter. I am pleased to say, I am getting very excited.

I hope and pray everything works out for the best.

9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Congradulations sweetheart! Grandchildren are such a blessing, I wouldn't taking anything for the grandbabies I have. I was there while my oldest daughter had all three of her girls. It is very exciting to say the least. It is hard to see my own child in pain, but very wonderful to see my new grandbaby come into the world!

We still don't know yet about Jenny. That is my daughter's name that is pregnant now. She went to get more bloodwork today. And she is supposed to get in to get the sonogram this week. I am praying that the baby is okay. I really don't want it to be a tubal pregnancy. But if it is, we will deal with it, it is in God's hands a this point. I have already started buying Jenny maternity clothes off ebay. She has put on 30 pounds or so already. I wish I hadn't been so quick to order clothes. Now if it turns out badly, I'll have all these maternity clothes. Jeez! I hope everything goes okay. I guess I could donate the clothes somewhere.

10. jole

jole Member

You sound like such a wonderful person, and one who would make a great friend, not to mention mother and grandmother!

Isn't it amazing how we always tell our daughters how terrible it would be if they would get pregnant, yet the minute they say they are, our hearts just simply melt? There is nothing like a baby to show us the miracle of life and love, is there? The worst is how badly we feel for all they (our child) will be missing out on - education, the chance to learn who they are, etc. by having to be so responsible for another life before they should have to be.

Best of luck to your daughter and you....I've been there, and it's tough, but I wouldn't change a thing now. Yes, God does know best.

Friends - Jole
  11. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Thanks for your kind words Jole! I needed them today. Jenny has an appointment for Thursday morning to get the sonogram. I am praying for good news.

12. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Jenny had her sonogram and everything looks fine. No tubal pregnacy, thank goodness!

So I can quit worring about that at least, although I still am worried about her being pregnant, haha!

She did get some of the clothes in the mail and really liked them!

I hope I get a grandson this go around, hehe! I have four granddaughters!

Take Care!