My 2 cents

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Oct 13, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I've received some relief not only in my fatigue, but also in my pain. I'm not really sure what the key factor is, but, my life has changed in the past 3 months.

MOVED: I had to move in with my sister. As a result, I have $200 rent, which includes everything. I do need to contribute food. However, if I dont have the $, she helps out. I help out with housework and babysitting. I also work full-time third shift as my health allows of course.

MOLD. The last 2 places I lived at had a tremendous amount of mold. The basements were covered in it, where I did my laundry day in and day out. It didnt occur to me until just recently that this could have contributed to my problems. Where I live now has very low mold.

HOBBIES: I started crocheting and reading again, both of which I had given up.

THOUGHTS: I decided to stop reading self-help books, after all, who is the authority to tell me who I'm supposed to be? What's wrong with me the way I am? NOTHING!! So what if I'm overweight. So what if I like to sit in my PJs. That doesnt make me a bad person!! I am who I am and that is okay.

I had a doctor's visit yesterday. He was able to touch my "tender areas", which is a first. Before, I would cringe, now I could barely tell. I no longer require tons of sleep, 6 hours and I'm ready for the day.

Anyway, I thought I would contribute this to all of you. Maybe one of these will help you. Maybe I'm just in remission and will feel very sick again soon, but I hope not!

Good luck All!
  2. spacee

spacee Member

Shari, sounds like you have relieved yourself of a ton of stress!!
    (Dr. Cheney says that 'chaos' really must be avoided.

And the mold had to have been a big issue too.

Good for who you are and enjoy yourself!!

I am so happy for you. I am definitely trying to enjoy one day at a time and not let 'chaos' in!

Thanks for sharing!!