My ambien stopped working!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, Feb 1, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has noticed their ambiem not working as well. I have more trouble getting to sleep at night now and staying asleep. I am waking for bathroom runs again and all night nightmares have started again. I use to get them every night non stop all night long. I stopped being afraid of them I am just uncomfortable all night like I'm watching a bad film. It is no fun. Any recomendations?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

because your body does get used to them and then they plain old quit...try taking some benedryl for a couple of nights then try back on the ambien...my docotor reccs one every 2-3 days of ambien...but i am like you i just have a difficult tiem w/o anything...choices no sleep or some maybe...

jodie

then there is lunesta...
  3. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I have to say the lunesta has helped me alot. I also take 10mg of elavil and I think that may contribute to it as well. I would take tylenol pm and that didnt work and isnt too great when you take tylenol all day.

I have a very high tolerance to any medication and was pleasantly surprised that the lunesta worked. But since it does I try very hard not to take it every night but just knowing its in my bedstand gives me some peace of mind.

By the way, I did use ambien for years and I do like lunesta better Good Luck
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I recently have been using the extended release ambien and I love it. It gives me a good 7 or 8 hrs sleep and I don`t wake up groggy. I never slept more then 4 hrs on the regular ambien. My doctor said that`s about how it works.
  5. FMSAngel

FMSAngel New Member

Ambien quit working for me too. Lunesta works much better for me. It works faster and keeps me asleep longer. It does give you a bad taste in your mouth though! I guess I can handle the bad taste in my mouth when traded for a good night's sleep.
  6. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

it stopped working for me too.

I switched to Lunesta and slept better then I ever had before... after 6 months on Lunesta I completely weaned off of all sleep meds... I have been off prescription meds for about 6 months now.

Good luck if you decide to try lunesta. I think for me I got a much deeper sleep on the lunesta then on Ambien. I was however well on my way into a good remission by the time I switched to lunesta....

I think with FM that the main thing is rest...rest.... est... feed your body with healthy foods during this rest to recover time and expect to allow a couple years or more before you start feeling like a person again...(you never feel like your old self again....but you can learn to function with the new you that comes out of this dark tunnel.)