MY ANNIVERSARY (If Rockgor can do it so can I)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Aug 30, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I also have been here exactly one year today!

It's been a great place to come and make friends, wether i'm having a good day, or a really bad day.

I've tried to comfort others, and have been comforted, and learned a great deal from this place and it's people about my DD.

I've come to accept that this whole thing is NOT in my mind, and i'm not alone, which in turn has motivated me to reach out and try to help myself with what i've learned from others.

I've taken up stormy's shake, added pribiotics to my life, gone back to Dr. and insisted on a lymes test from Igenex.

Learned to be less hard on self when going thur a flare,
    and had a lot of laughs with some of you, when i probably felt more like crying at times.

Been entertained by book clubs, puzzles, guessing games, and pengy's.

Been able to be myself, and not pretend to be normal for others.

Thanks to all of you, lets keep on reaching out and learning.

Love and hugs to fellow sufferers,
    Lets hang on to our hope together, there is more and more being found out about our DD everyday!

Misty
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Happy Anniversary, Misty! This board is richer because of your presence and participation.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Where are you in Northern MN? I spent a year in Walker working for the Cass County Welfare Dept.

I agree. This board is a great place.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

love
    Rosie
  5. morningsonshine

AnneTheresa
    My fellow flylady, thank you for your kind words, and encouragement.
    I'm alway interested in what's on your "to do list" on Stormyskye's post.

Rock
    Walker isn't to far away from my back yard. I grew up in the country outside of Bemidji, by grace lake, not to far from Cass Lake.

Now i live in a little tiny town farther north.

Thanks, rosiebud! Your one of the fellow cat people, who also had a "special one", still i like your Devon rex, the cat in my profile, was my "special kittty" i lost;

My new kitty looks alot like him.

God Bless,

Misty
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Happy one-year anniversary! Funny that Rockgor and I are transplanted Minnesotans, while you are still up in the great northland. I often feel homesick for Minnesota.

What did you Igenex test say, by the way? Are you being treated for Lyme?

Kholmes
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Congrats on your one year! This is a great place to learn and laugh and share.

I LOVE cats. Don't have one because it sets off the kids asthma.

I will visit Stormy's flylady post. I didn't know that is what that was...I need inspiration! haha.

Smiles,

Spacee
  8. morningsonshine

This is fun! Great idea Rock, we should all have aniversary parties.

kholmes
    I guess the grass is alway greener on the otherside!LOL
    I've alway wanted to try somewhere else, "go west young man" open spaces and blues skys.

Colorado, or wyoming, montana.

Although the walker area is very beautiful! where i'm at is pretty swampy, lowland. N.MN and S. MN are like two different states in my opinion, very different.

Lymes- my test was indeterminate, (lucky me!) it showed one positive band, which most Dr. call negative. But my LLMD is more open minded, and taking my symptoms in account is treating me for lymes with ABX.

Kind like a guinee pig experiment, i'm still holding out on my final opinion.

Spacee
    Thanks for responding, read your bio, i think i would like your sense of humor.

My favorite funny is laughing at myself! The other day i shut my kitten in one of the kitchen cupboard.

I could hear him, but could not find him!! I had to go thur and open every door. I can't quit thinking, "and behind door #3, is....."

Flylady is a web site designed for disorganized people to get their house in order.
    Stormy's post is titled "Whats on your to do list today"

hope that helps you to find it!

TaTa

9. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Happy Anniversary!!!

I love this board too..wish I would of found it a long time ago.

Tami
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad that you're here! :)

But don't go putting anymore kitties in cupboards.

((HUGS))
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

You're right about northern and southern MN being very different. My dad is down in Wabasha, along the river.
    I have a lot of fond memories of Brainerd, Pelican Lake, Bemidji, the Boundary Waters, the north shore, Lutsen...
    I love the mix of forest and lakes up north.

Hey, my Igenex lab came back "indeterminate" too. What antibiotics are you taking, and are you noticing any difference?

Ken
  12. morningsonshine

The board was sure acting funny for awhile, anyone else or just me?

Lauralea
    My thanks for the complement, but i have my moments too, of insanity!
    The Shake is something stormyskyes shared here, and many of us have tried it, just search under "the shake" you'll find it.

Xchocoholic

I wish! Love the stuff, but have limited myself to dark chocolate. I know i need to try the raw food thing.

tata 1580
    I know this is a great place, we feed the deer too, love watching the little ones!

And Dear windblade,
    Really i didn't PUT the kitty there, he crawled in all on his little nosy self, i just shut the door! LOL

When i heard his pathetic mew, and couldn't find him, i even checked the dishwasher!

Kholmes, i'm going to send you a seperate post.

Thanks all,
    hope everyone has a reasonable good evening despite this DD.
  13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You're right about the difference in terrain. Southeastern MN where I grew up was rolling hills and fertile farmland. I guess to the west it is more prairie land?

Northern MN is all lakes and second growth forest. A paradise for hunters and fishermen. Lots of deer, loons, even some eagles and bears. May have wolves again; don't know for sure.

Very poor economy when I worked there in the 60s.

Cass County was right between Brainard and Bemidji. Been waiting for someone to mention the huge statue of Paul Bunyon and his Blue Ox.

And at the hamlet of Hackensack, Pop. 300, they have a statue of Mrs. Bunyon.