My Appendix Ruptured

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Well I'm glad to be talking to you all again. My appendix ruptured-no fun I've been in the hospital for a week. Just got home yesterday.

Well I'm not smoking anymore I think i'm about 5 days smoke free.

Hope all of you are doing good. I'll write more when I'm better.
    Dee50
  2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am so relieved that you survived the ruptured appendix! I had mine out whilst being seven months preggers with my firstborn, but at least they did not rupture.

Again, it is so great to read that you survived. That is a very touch and go situation and I am so happy to know that you pulled through and are back here again!
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

glad you're back home and okay.

Hard way to stop smoking though.

Hope you recover soon, take care.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2005]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That is scary and serious. Take good care of yourself so you can heal.

Love, Mikie
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

So glad you are back and ok. Sorry you had to go through this but at least you stopped smoking, congratulations on that!

If you start having the urge to smoke again don't hesitate to see your doctor to discuss meds to help. It is such a good thing you stopped.

Take care...
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm still not feeling quit right but I'm not smoking. I asked for help in there and my doctor gave me the smokers patch and valium it's working so far.

Yes it is very painful. I never did run high fever. 98,98,100.3 and i think 100.9 was the highest. Pain on the right side down low by the bellybutton and lower.
    It's great to be home :)

Thank you for all the posts
    Dee50
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

so glad your home healing after such a ordeal!!

I had my appendix go bad in 2002.
    I went to the ER with alot of right sided pain,never thinking I'd be heading into the operating room in minutes!! Very scary situation~
    I remember throwing off my bra as they were rolling me into the OR!!! it was kinda funny at the time.
    The nurses laughed :)
    I was in the hospital for 5 days.
    They supposedly caught it just in time.
    Thank God I went!
    and you too,..
    Rest and get well.
    Hugs
    Tandy
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Like Rosiebud said, What a way to quit smoking! Take care and get plenty of rest! Terri
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

Glad to hear that you are home safe & sound, & off the smokes ;)
    It must have been terribly scary for you to have had it rupture :(
    ~*Gentle Hugs*~

Lease
  10. lease79

lease79 New Member

Glad to hear that you are home safe & sound, & off the smokes ;)
    It must have been terribly scary for you to have had it rupture :(
    ~*Gentle Hugs*~

Lease
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Dee,
    Happy to hear you are okay. I still have my appendix--I so hate hospitals. I'm sure you were happy to get home.

I quit smoking in 1986, but I did it cold turkey back then because I had chronic bronchitis. I HAD to quit because I couldn't smoke without coughing fits. Then I found out I was allergic to smoke all along. That is why I was always so sick with bronchitis or sinus infections. Hubby quit in 1985, and both kids were happy about that.

Best of luck to you to keep up the not smoking. You really will feel better in a few weeks. Instead of smoking, I drink like water, diet drinks, like constantly.
    I seem to constantly need to have my hand come to my mouth, so that seems to help with the habit. So try sipping on water and see if that helps you with the hand to mouth problem us ex-smokers seem to have.

Best of luck to you. You can do it!!!

Feel better!

Hugs,
    Faye
  12. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I thought it was interesting that the appendix is not a useless organ. It works with our immume system and also controls bacteria in the bowel.

For days my doctor ran antiboitics though me on IV's. That's scary too. I've spent months building up my immume system! Now I guess it's back to zero.

I've got no idea where to start form here.lol
    I've got no appitite, food smells yuky. I'm drinking water and resting and I've got to watch my temp if it goes over 100 two times in a 4 hour period I've got to go back to the hospital.
    Tahanks again for all the support :)
    Dee50
  13. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

That is scary, I'm so glad you're home now and on your way to a full recovery!

My daughter's appendix ruptured in the wee hours of Christmas morning 10 years ago when she was 13! I felt like the worst mom ever for not getting her to the ER sooner but we thought she had a stomach bug and after all, it was Christmas! We were visiting my folks out of state for the holidays which made it all the more interesting, especially later with insurance (out of network hospitalization ... ugh!). My daughter wound up spending 10 days in the hospital. She was very ill for the first 5 days and we were so afraid we were going to lose her. Thankfully she came through it all fine, although with a very ugly incision all the way across her abdomen that she may have plastic surgery on some day.

Great news on the smoking! I hope you can stick with it, it will be so worth it to quit.

Best wishes to you!!!

Kat
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was only 12 when my appendix was removed and I've always wondered whether this was a factor in my FMS/CFIDS.

All the good work you've done building up your immune systme likely isn't lost. Just keep it up. Once you recover, you will probably feel better without that infection making you sick.

My prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery.

Love, Mikie
  15. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Sorry that you had your appendix ruptured and hope for speedy recovery!!!! Glad that you manage to quit smoke, hope you can stay that way. :)
  16. orachel

orachel New Member

I'm so relieved you're ok...I know that can be dangerous and frightening. You just rest up, and catch up with us when you're feeling better, ok.

And be careful! You really need to take it easy recovering from any surgery when you're body is already having a rough time with FM and such...take good care of yourself, and you'll have my prayers in your corner.

Do you have someone at home to help take care of you in the interim?

Good luck, and feel better soon!
    Rachel
  17. orachel

orachel New Member

...I next tried darvocet (which didn't do anywhere enough for my pain). Doc just gave me methadone, which is doing soooo much more for me! Just figured I'd throw that out there so maybe you can find the right med faster than I did!

Blessings,
    Rachel