My appointment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wolflake46, May 1, 2003.

1. wolflake46

wolflake46 New Member

I don't know what to think! Today was my long awaited appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. I arrvived at 7:45 for my 8:15 blood work that needed to be done. I did everything they asked, I fasted which I needed to do so they could run some tests. Finally at 9:15 I was called aside and told that my doctor who referred me to the Mayo Clinic hadn't sent any of my past history to them. I was told I would have to go home and straighten it out with them and have them make another appointment. The nurse at Mayo said she had been on the phone with them trying to get them to fax her my past history but they would not do that because they needed written authorization for that. Now who screwed up here. I was never told to sign for anything. I called my doctors office after I got back and got transferred to so many different departments, and when I finally got connected to the referral desk, I got a recored message saying she was on another line, to leave my name and number and she would get back to me. Needless to say that didn't happen. I guess I am just frustrated over all of this and just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Diane
  2. celina

celina New Member

I switched doctors because of travel issues and ended up with the town quack. I went back to my other doctor, who applied to have my files transferred, but they(the quack) lost them. The big problem is that file contains the pregnancy of my son and the problems afterwards which were the triggers to my FM, including the diagnosis of TMJS, and a variety of screw-ups by the doctor and medication reactions I had.
    I'm sorry to hear about your crappy day, but here's to hoping they get it right next time.
    celina
  3. bejo

bejo New Member

I don't blame you,I'd be upset too.I'm never sure if some people who work in Dr's. offices try to mess things up or what. LOL As they say-try,try again,and again,and again.LOLOL ((((Diane))))