my arm is itching like crazy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

This must be the 4th or 5th summer that this happens. The first time years ago there were a lot of people complaining about this and we all kinda surmised it was from fire retardant from a mountain fire, but this is ridiculous. I've tried everything to calm it down but the only thing that seems to help is an ice pack worn strapped around my arm. Someone has mentioned antihistamines but I'm sick of taking so many supplements.

Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I have literally stood at the sink with a dish scrubber and scrubbed my arm until it was raw. Benadryl and cortisone did NOTHING.

I tried some organic coconut oil (comes in a jar in the organic section of most grocery stores) and it worked! Best of all, it works for other stuff too, even cooking. Beware if you have kitties - mine will chase me all over the house just to lick my feet or knees. They LOVE it, and it's good for their coats.

Soft hugs,
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

At times I get really itchy too. I take about a 1/2 of an allergy pill called Zyrtec. --it is over the counter and comes in a generic.

Also this year I found an anti-itch cream at the dollar store. It works really good. It is made from benadryl in a white zinc cream.

It came in a blue & pink box.

I hope this helps.
  4. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

Gold Bond anti-itch lotion. I can't live without it! Also comes in a tube. I always carry one in my purse. Also Benedryl makes an anti-itch topical. It comes in a small hard tube & rolls on.