My Avon Helper Stole Twenty Dollars from the Avon Money

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, Sep 2, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

So, last week, my helper comes to me and asks to "borrow" twenty dollars out of the Avon money collected. And I said NO. I told her I had already paid Avon and didn't have any money here.

So, tonight, she tells me this story that last Thursday, one of my customers paid her for his twenty dollar Avon blanket. And her daughter "accidentally" spent the money thinking it was hers. And she's just telling me this now.

I am so angry, I'm totally stewing over it. She's lying. When I told her no, she went to the customer, he lives two doors down from her. And she told him it was okay for her to collect the money. She literally stole the money.

I don't know what to do with the customer or the blanket now because I can't stand giving him the twenty dollar blanket when I don't have the money for it to pay Avon. That was Avon's money.

I'm just livid.

I'm going to have to have a real talk with her. She can't be "helping" me anymore. I have to end it now before it gets worse than twenty dollars.

What's bugging me is, one of the customers had claimed a cologne was missing from their bag, now I'm wondering if she stole that, too. I can't prove any of this. And I don't know what to tell the customer she took the money from :( I am just so upset.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

What a pain in the you know what!,,,almost seems like it might not be worth it to try and trust anybody but yourself with this Job!,,,,The helper needs to learn not to steal!!,,,,,,,Hope it all works out for you!,,,Make her pay for it somehow!,,,,,Sis
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I am so incredibly angry. I took all my Avon catalogs and I wrote right on them to Pay Me Only, No One Else. I'm going to have to ditch this human parasite. She is the one ruining it for me. No only did she pull this, but she had taken a few orders and messed them up. And then I had the customers telling me their orders weren't right. I'm not letting it go on.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

she told you her daughter accidentally took it so she's admitting responsibility for it which means she has to give you it back. You have to give the customer the blanket he paid for as she was representing YOU.

I would get it back from her and not accuse her of stealing. Just stop her from helping you and put it down to a lesson learned.

5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I agree with Rosie, everything she said. The customer paid in good faith. And if you acuse your helper of stealing and piss her off, it maybe harder to get your money back.

Get your $20 bucks back from her, and drop her like a hot potatoe! She's going to ruin your credibility with your customers.

Sorry this happened.
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Just the fact that she took this money after I specifically told her no last week, she went behind my back and did this. I'll probably never see it again. Even if I try to get some credit for some of the stuff she ordered, I don't think it will amount to the twenty dollars.

It just sux. I didn't want to get rid of her because she does all the running around for me in the building and across the street. And she takes the spanish speaking orders. But it's not worth risking her pulling stuff again. Why do people have to be so evil? I was hoping she would be good, I was really, really hoping, and this is what I get.
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

She gave the money back! I was like, amazed. I never thought I'd see it again. I told her from now on, they have to pay me directly.
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

glad she gave you the money back and its a better idea that you collect the money yourself.

9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Tea,

I got to reading your story - what a mess but I am so glad you did get the money back. Just be really careful !

I tried selling Amnway MANY years ago and gave that up. You had to be really aggressive to do really well with it. So I gave it up. However, the Avon selling is not as comples as the Amway deal where you try to get people working under you, etc. etc.

One thing I am not to clear about. Is your Avon helper just helping you sell the Avon OR does she also help you out at home? If she helps you also in the home you might have to be really careful. I hope it all works out for you and so glad you did get the money back.

Yes, things have also changed so much. I would ask for money upfront for orders. I do not think we did it way back when I sold Amway but I can see why you really need to do so NOW !!

Go for it hon and good luck !!

Hugas and blessings.

10. Didoe

Didoe New Member

how many people would like the opportunity to earn some extra cash? there's probably another woman around you that you can bring in that will not have you constantly wondering if she can be trusted.

she may wait until you relax and find another way to siphon off money, samples etc.

say bye bye, she's already proved she's not trustworthy and you're not Microsoft to afford forgiving petty theft.