My baby has the flu pink eye

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeljoe, Mar 16, 2006.

1. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

My little girl has been so sick lately. Two weeks ago, she has an infection and EColi in her colon, bowel, bladder and Urinary tract.

She was really put thru the ringer too. At the hospital they did bloodwork, urine and bowel tests. She needed to be Catheterized to keep getting clean specimens. Then see was given adult strength laxitives to wash her colon and bowel out completely. She also started having enemas done a couple times a day at the hospital and at home.

Its been two weeks now with treatment and yesterday she had to re-do every test. Still no word back on the lab results.

Yesterday she woke up from a nap with both eyes glued together with pink eye. (I've got it now too)
    Well lastnight she was burning up with a fever and now has the full blown flu. I'm trying to keep her comfortable but I'm worrying myself sick.

I guess it's the stress of my daughter being sick that is sending me into a huge flare. It is awful that my body is shutting down when my daughter needs me most.

I am hurting so badly today. I need to take the pain meds, but I'm so scared to do that when my little one is so sick.
    I love this board and all of you very much. I just needed to get all of this of my chest.

Please whisper a prayer for my baby girl. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers.
    Angela
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Yes I will keep you both in prayer. I'm sorry she's so sick.

Hugs.

Kendra
  3. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

May God bless you!
  4. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

How awful for you both. There is nothing so bad as seeing your precious child ill and have to juggle your own health issues as well.
    Remember to take care of yourself. Try to rest when the baby is resting and ignore the small household issues.
    My prayers will be with you both.
    A
  5. KyLady

KyLady New Member

Hi Angela,

I saw your post and looked at your post on where we are from. I am from Henderson just across the river.

I am so sorry your daughter is so sick. I hope she is better by now. I see you haven't posted since Mar. 16 that was over a week ago. I pray that she is not any worse.

I'll keep her in my prayers, you too.

KYlady
  6. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

Thank you for replying to my post. My daughter is doing quiet better. She will continue to be tested for E coli for a few more weeks. The pink eye is gone! Thank God. My hubby and I both caught pink eye along with her.

Henderson is very close to where we are in Evansville. We live on the North side of Evansville. It's so nice to know another FMer lives so close to us.

This board is my support for the FM. I can breathe a little easier after reading and replying to posts. I was thrown into such a flare with my baby being sick. I haven't felt up to much of anything. I feel better just knowing that my little girl is getting well.

Thanks again KYlady for everything.
    God bless,
    Angela
  7. KyLady

KyLady New Member

I used to get it all the time. I worked as a Daycare Director and was around children all the time. Ringworm and Pink Eye were around more than I liked to see. I usually got one or the other. My Dr. finally gave me a prescription to keep at home for whenever I got it.

Hope things work out for you and your family soon.

Maybe we could meet for a coke or burger sometime.

Just let me know when you feel like it. McDonalds is an old friend of mine. Take my granddaughters there a lot.

I used to live on the North side of Evansville years ago. Just off First ave. in North Park area. Gee I can't remember if that is what it is called or not. I know it was close to a High School now I can't remember the name of the school. Oh well!!

First Ave. and Mill Road. It's been 27 years so can't remember names of streets.

I'm sure things are going to be better soon.

Kylady

8. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

We eat and shop regularly on that side of town. It is called North park. My son goes to school right off of First Ave.

I would love to meet you for lunch. That would be great! We live off Mount Pleasant Road off of Hwy 41. I think it's awesome to have someone on this board living so close to me. Henderson is a hop and a skip from us. We go thru there all the time. My family lives in KY too. They live in the central part though.

Lunch sounds great to me. We'll have to get together and just do that. I am so excited to know you live so close to me.
    God bless,
    Angela
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and pinkeye is so common-sometimes even caught in the doctors office.If a parent brings in a child with pinkeye and touched the baby's eye area,all someone has to do is open the door,touch a surface etc.

The flu and those other things must be really scary.Can your husband watch her while you get some sleep.You need your energy to care for her.Praying for both of you.Linda
  10. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

Your kind replies sure help me mentally. My little girl is doing a lot better now. She does still have quite a bit of stomach pain, but even that is doing better.

Just the stress of worrying about her so much did send me into a bad flare. My husband really does help a lot with me and my daughter. She and I slept a lot and that did us both good.

I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends here. You guys are truely the best! I thank God for being so blessed to know I have friends and a prayer chain all in one place.
    God bless,
    Angela
  11. code34me

code34me New Member

I dont know what you take for pain but I take Ultram which is a non-narcotic pain med. I also take a regualr dose of tylenol with it and it really helps me alot! I have a 3 year old son and a 13 year od daughter and I know the feeling of being in pain and not wanting to get doopy. Just a thought? My doctor told me to take the two together so it is okay per doc.

Codey