My back is burning; anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tinkrbel, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

I have Fibro and RA.

Just wondered if any one have this and what do you do to get relief?

The burning and achey feeling is just right below my bra strap and just above my waistband of my pants.

I tried percocet/fentyal, heating pads Topical creams, I have my son do trigger point massage. I have been in my whirlpool tub but no relief.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

This could be nerve pain. I get this running across my r. buttox and down my r. leg from RA in my lower spine. I'm scheduled to get the nerve block procedures done again on Monday. They last about 6 months.
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I had pain like that for a long time. It actually hurt me more when I was working because I had to sit in those stupid office chairs for so long.

It hurt me so much that earlier this year I was using a heating pad and ended up with 2nd degree burns because I didn't feel it. The burning pain in my back was worse than the 2nd degree burns that were forming.

It shows how much pain we really are in all the time.

I don't have any advice, other than be careful.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have this all the time. I try to explain it as fire in my spine. I just posted a short story called My Very Fibro Day. I wrote it to try and help my syblings understand my life better.
  5. suz45

suz45 New Member

Tinkrbel:

Have you been to an LMT that focuses on myofascial pain or trigger point? I mention this as you have n=mentioned your son do trigger point massage, sounds like either a chiro trained in mps release or even an accupuncturist could be helpful.

I have had similiar burning pain in my left hip and lower back due to trigger points, i have thm worked on by a chiro whom also teaches myofascial release at a local chiropractic college, he does not do alot of crunching on me as this can often be more painful, but somehow he streches out the tight muscles and deactivates the active trigger points that causes me problems with my gait due to contracting muscles that shortens my left leg, quite painful.

just a thought to consider, i also use alot of heating pads and warm showers, am trying to stay off any strong meds at this point.

In wellness,

Suz45
  6. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Oh, boy! I'm sure I would end up hurting someone if they were to touch my back. It takes everything in my power to let my doctor try and check my tender points. A couple of the worst ones for me are lower back, right hip, and my collar bone. I have osteoarthritis on my tailbone, which doesn't help with the back pain.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  7. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

I was on lyrica for a time but noticed no difference.
    Thanks for your input.

Tink
  8. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

I just started a part time job and I sit for almost the 4 hours there. I know that it doesn't help. I am however looking for a mid back support device to help me out.

Thanks for your input.

Tink
  9. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

What is hydrogen peroxide drips?

Please Advise.

Thanks,

Tink
  10. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

I will look into your story.

Thanks

Tink
  11. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

This is caused by the viruses in your body inflamming the nerve. Take Alpha lipoic acid 100mg 3X daily for nerve pain until it goes away. Treat the viruses and you'll feel better.

CherylSue
  12. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

I am going to a PT and a chrio 2 x a week. I am kinda stuck with them cause we made a deal with them and my insurance. They had a great therapist there and he left about 6 weeks after I made the deal in Jan 06.

I am also out there trying other things also. (because they exhausted my pt part of my insurance)

I cannot wait to find some one or thing that will help.

I am seeing a pain manament doctor soon.

I will keep you informed. Thanks for your input.

Tink
  13. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

food for thought

Thanks

Tink
  14. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

When I do my peroxide it is mixed with epsom salts. I learned this from this site.

Pour a very warm bath, add 2 cups of epsom salts, then a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. The epsom sales are a form of magnesium and the hydrogen peroxide helps it to get it into your system. I learned from my doctor that the peroxide helps the epsom salts in.

Once you get out of the tub, dry off, cuddle up in a nice warm robe or jammies and climb into a nice warm bed.

In my opinion it is about the best thing, except getting out of that tub again.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  15. Tinkrbel

Tinkrbel New Member

I will give it a try tonight!

Tink
  16. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have the burning pain/heat in my back. It's interesting that someone mentioned fibro nerve pain. I get this in my legs and feet but never associated the back as being part of the same thing.

I'll try any ideas people have....

Regards,

Eileen