My bad back and walking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lostsoul62, Oct 30, 2006.

1. lostsoul62

lostsoul62 New Member

I posted about "Do I belong here" and I got some really good replies. There are truly very nice people here and I just wanted to thank all of your for your support.
    I love walking but I have a bad back which was injured about 2 months ago with a sneeze and I don't know if I will ever get over that but my back is so sore I can't do the exercises the therapy people gave me. So I just thought I would ask if walking a little 3 time a day, or all in the morning or maybe half in the morning and the other in the afternoon and evening. One of my many problems is I can't make decisions. I go and order food somewhere and hope there is a long line so I can try and make up my mind. Well I'm not sure because I tried 3 times a day and my back got sore but after my morning walk I seem to be better so I don't know. Anyway thanks for the support.

Richard
  2. huska

huska New Member

HI. MY BACK HURTS BAD ALMOST EVERY DAY. I ALWAYS TRY TO GO FOR A WALK IN THE MORNING OR AFTERNOON. WALKING SO FAR MAKES ME FEEL A BIT BETTER. I JUST DON'T WALK VERY FAST AND ONLY FOR ABOUT 20 TO 30 MINUTES THE MOST.

WALKING WORKS FOR ME.

GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU DECIDE TO WALK LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

HUGS
  3. huska

huska New Member

I WAS READING YOUR BIO AND I HAVE CRONIC DEPRESSION TOO. I TAKE MEDICATION TO CONTROL IT. AGAIN WALKING JUST A BIT EVERY DAY OR WHEN YOU CAN IT'S GOOD. I ALWAYS LOOK AT THE SKY, THE BIRDS, THE GRASS....I DON'T KNOW...WHATEVER KEEPS MY MIND OUT OF EVERYTHING, SPECIALLY PAIN.

TAKE CARE
  4. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

my back is really messed up. I walk alot at work, but thats constant back and forth.

What helps me is once a week we take a leisure walk in the woods taking our time. some times we take a 20 minute walk sometimes a couple hours with lots of rests.

I've noticed after these leisure walks i feel better for awhile.

I think any low impact exercise is good in moderation but only until it starts to hurt and whats good for one person maybe too much for someone else. So i'd experiment and see how much and when is the best for you.

Hope this helps

angellwolffe