My Best FM Day Ever

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by abcanada, Nov 23, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I couldn't help but share this, as two very special people in my life did one of the kindest things anyone could do yesterday. My mom & sister showed up at my home at about 10:00am and deep cleaned for 6 hours. They organized, scrubbed & disinfected my home which was becoming more like a dump! They insisted I rest and managed to take care of my four children as well. My mom ran out & got 10 new towels, a new shower curtain, and some organizers. It has really hit a soft spot with me as I have such trouble letting people into my space. It means so much for me to have people in my life that care and understasnd my illness. I hope you all have an angel walk into your life. Happy Thanksgiving, Laura
    PS I learned an important lesson, that it's ok to accept help.

Alert us BACK | REPLY

Best FM 11/23/06 08:20 AM

Wow, you have a wonderful family

Wish I could get my family to help me.

Give them a hug for me

LAURA 11/23/06 08:26 AM

Hi Laura,delighted to hear you had such a special day yesterday.
    I know what you mean when you say you don't let people into your space.The thing with fibro is that as so few people understand it(and that includes our docs,LOL) we as sufferers tend to be embarrassed talking about it and become withbrawn,so i'm really glad your mum and sister helped you and made you feel wanted.
    Happy Thanksgiving,(do you celebrate that in Canada as well as the US??excuse my ignorance,i'm from Scotland)
    Keep well and have a peaceful day,

[ edit | delete ] Hi Paul 11/23/06 08:42 AM

My grandmother is from Scotland, but not sure exactly where. We have Thanksgiving around the middle of October. Hope you're feeling well today. Laura

Hi Laura 11/23/06 01:10 PM

It sounds like you have a wonderful day! What a treat to have everything cleaned!

I am afraid that 6 hours would barely scratch the surface around here! LOL

I am really pleased for you that you got spoiled Laura. You deserve it!

hugs Redwillow

2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

it so nice when our loved ones understand our needs .And its wonderful to have a clean house.
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Will your mom adopt me?lol. Or can I kidnap her?lol.
  4. How wonderful for you. I wish I had someone who would do that for me.
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

You wrote something very important:

PS I learned an important lesson, that it's ok to accept help.

That is a hard lesson to learn.....just like accepting compliments. In accepting such you are also giving the giver a accepting their help or good words.

You have a lovely mother and sister. I loved knowing that there is ones like this out there.

Blessings to you and your family.........Susan