My BIL died last night

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Feb 12, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I would like to thank all of you for the prayers for my husband's brother, Cam, who died in his sleep last night. So many prayers were answered.

When he was given the terminal dx in Dec., he did not want to see any of his family because of his deteriorated physical condition; he did not want to discuss the afterlife with anyone; he was angry about his impending death; he was in excruciating pain.

All of these issues were resolved before he died. He got to visit with all his brothers and sisters (except one who didn't travel here for a reason he kept to himself); he discussed the afterlife with a sister who works in hospice; he grew to accept his death and the doctors managed to control his pain. All things to be grateful for.

Above all, he died peacefully in his sleep last night with his wife holding his hand. Thank God this is over for all of them.

Now I am asking for more prayers. For his wife and two young kids (12 and 21) to cope with the days to come. For my DH who is in charge of funeral arrangements and is the executor of his estate. This is the third sibling he has done this for in less than 3 yrs and it is hard. This is the "baby brother" in a very large family so you can imagine that it is doubly difficult for all of them. But it is my DH who has to take charge again because we area the only ones who live in the area.

Finally, please pray for me. I am exhausted but want to be a support for my DH and Cam's family. Please pray that I am given the strength and energy to get through the next few days.

Thank you all. I appreciate your prayers. I do think that they contributed to Cam's peaceful passing into the arms of Jesus.

Love, Pepper
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I posted on my thread to you about your BIL. I am so sorry.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear you lost your BIL but glad that he is no longer suffer. I am also so happy to hear he found peace at the end. That is always a good thing. Praying for you and your family.

Sandy
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Judy: It has been such a long hard struggle for you and your hubby. I am glad to hear that so many issues were resolved and that he passed quietly. Now He is with Jesus which was our prayer. The suffering is over. Some day you will see him again. You must exhausted in every way. You know I am still sitting beside you and won't leave until you tell me to. I am sitting here crying with you and sending you gentle hugs. Can you feel me sitting and holding you? You are so loved and special. Father please come now and be the God of all comfort to Judy and the family. We don't understand it but we know that You do all things well. Thank you for being merciful and letting him pass so gently and taking him to be with You. Please give the immediate family courage and strength over the next few days. Please strengthen Judy and her husband for the things that need to be done. Please pour Your life into her body and please hold them tight. Father I place this family in Your hands and thank you for taking care of them and comforting them. In Jesus Name. Amen.
    Love you so much Judy and know you are not alone we are here crying with you but rejoicing at the same time. I wish I was well enough to come and see you and help. But I am there in spirit ok? I am here anytime you need anything. Blessings and hugs and kisses.
    Love ya
    Cath
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I appreciate all your prayers.

That is a beautiful poem, Pam. I am copying it to share with my hubby. I do love Helen Steiner Rice! We are all thankful that his suffering is over.

I will check the other thread, Nancy.

Thank you for praying, Sandy. It is a gift that Cam did find peace at the end. Two months ago I didn't think that would be possible. But, with God, all things are possible. This is proof of that.

Thank you for your beautiful prayer, Cath. Yes, I can feel you here and am comforted by knowing that you are praying for us.

My DH has just broken the news to me that he is driving to Watertown tonight to pick up another brother who is flying up from Atlanta. This is the brother who spent Christmas with us. He doesn't have his renewed passport yet and can't fly into Canada so my DH told him to fly to Watertown and he would pick him up. Wouldn't you know that northern New York would be getting another blast of a snowstorm. I am very nervous about him driving. He will miss the storm by driving down tonight but will be in the middle of it driving back tomorrow.

Love, Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2007]
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

And for everything there is a season. Prayers for your family and please accept my condolences.
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers and condolences. And see what you can do about preventing any more snow falling in your neck of the woods, will you please? :) My DH is driving down to Watertown in an hour to try to beat the latest storm. But he will be in the middle of it all coming back. According to the Weather Channel it is going to be another good one. You must be up to your neck by now.

Thanks, Asa.
    Love, Pepper
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

We will all need your prayers for the next three days. I am so totally exhausted partly from the CFS/FM and partly from the stress of all this. I am wondering this morning how I am ever going to get through the wake and funeral and remain upright. I need prayers.

I am so worried about my DH driving in this terrible snowstorm. I think that he had to DO something after his brother died so picking up his other brother and being alone in the car for a few hours probably is doing him a lot of good. Too bad it is in such a snowstorm.

I am sure that he also needs a brother here too and the only other one left won't come here.

I am rambling. Thanks for listening and thank you for your prayers.
    Love, Pepper
  9. 143alan

143alan New Member

I read posts but don't respond to many. I have had your BIL in my prayers since Dec. My condolescences on his passing. What a blessing that his passing was peaceful. Now I pray for his wife and children and your husband and you as you deal with the next challenging days.

I pray for all of you to have the strength and peace needed to get you through this difficult time.
    TN Nancy
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

LittleBlueStem, that is a lovely poem. I am going to copy it too. We are so thankful that Cam did pass at peace with himself and the Lord.

Nancy, I know that you are here and appreciate your prayers.

Love, Pepper