My Birthday plans!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sorekitty, Nov 9, 2009.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

My husband and me are driving up to L.A. tomorrow to the Warner Bros. studio. We have tickets to see my favorite t.v. show THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!!!!!

It took a lot of planning to be able to do this crazy idea. But I am turning 44 at the end of November and I want to do something I wouldn't usually do:)

We are dropping off my 7 yo son at school. Then leaving late morning. My friend who works at his school will get him after school and take him to grandma's to stay the night. My son is sooooo excited. The next day is Veteran's day holiday so no school. He will stay at g'ma till we get back the next day in the afternoon.

Sheldon is my t.v. boyfriend (lolololololol) so I will be so excited. Actually I love all the characters.

This is the most out of the box birthday I have ever done!

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Jam, please try it out. It is on CBS at 9:30 pm on Monday nights. You can also netflix season 1 & 2.

Basic premise: there are 4 guys, mid-twentys who work at Cal Tech as physicists. Two are roomates and live across the hall from a cute girl, Penny. The guys social skills are lacking. At least one has high functioning autism(Asperger's) and lots of OCD. It is so funny!

My husband has Asperger's which we discovered when my son was four and also diagnosed with Asperger's. This show has kept me sane and laughing hysterically. Lots of my mom friends with kids on the spectrum watch this. It actually gives me lots of hope that my son could be in a position like this someday. I would be a very happy mama;)

Edit to add: in the show the characters are not actually dx with and autism spectrum disorder and Chuck Lorre the creator does not admit that any of them are Aspies but us mom's know.[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2009]
  3. jole

jole Member

I've never seen the show either, but it sounds like a winner! And what a great b-day gift! I'm sure you'll have a great time....and it's certainly not something that happens every day, that's for sure, so take your pain pills along with you and have a happy birthday!!!
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

What wonderful plans! I hope you have great fun and a perfect day. Love, Theresa