My bladder infx. in NOT a bladder infx.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynnintn, Apr 22, 2007.

1. lynnintn

lynnintn New Member

but early pyelonephritis. I begged my PCP to call in a prescription yesterday after sitting on this for a few days and trying to just "flush" everything out, but I got worse Friday with a fever and bilat. flank pain and the pain with urination was getting worse. Went to the walk in clinic yesterday at my PCPs office and sure enough, my kidneys were tender to the touch and I had the symptoms of pyelonephritis, not a bladder infx. I have never had any kind of kidney infx., and have NO idea where this came from.

So if you have pink colored urine/any blood in your urine, a fever, even low-grade, and flank pain (pain in the mid-low back on the sides), nausea/vomiting, GO TO THE DOCTOR. If you have pyelonephritis, no amount of water, cranberry juice will cure it-only antibiotics. Or you can end up in the hospital on IV antbx. I am now on Cipro and still don't feel better but they did do a urine culture, so I will know in a few days if I need another antibiotic. I even slept 14 hours last night (very unusual for me as I usually only sleep 6-7 hours at best).

Lynn in TN

2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

From 1981 till 1986 I lived just down the street from a company that was illegally dumping tricholoethelyne out their back door. I had no idea this was going on. We had well water. I had a kidney "infection" the whole time I lived there.
  3. lynnintn

lynnintn New Member

What are the effects of tricholoethelyne?

Could it be the cauase your ilness?

Lynn