My blood tests came back....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lil_angel1198, Dec 5, 2006.

1. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

Everything was normal, but the rhumatoid factor was slightly elevated.
    The nurse I talked to said it is what they check to see if you have arthritis, but that it was so slight that it didn't indicate that I have arthritis.
    I am supposed to keep taking my pain pills and muscle relaxers as long as it hurts.

Does anyone know anything about this>>
  2. bobbie1954

bobbie1954 New Member

I have an appointment next month with a rumatoid dr.(sp)
    My labs came back I was elevated in rhumatoid and higher with lupus. I came home had a pity party and said NEXT...
    Whatever will be will be,
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

It seems to be quite common in us FMS'ers to sometimes have slightly elevated RF levels and also Sed Rates. Although this does not necessarily mean we also have arthritis. You have to have the symptoms of arthritis also, to be diagnosed with it, such as swollen joints.

A rheumatologist would be the best Dr. to confirm that you don't have arthritis too.

Honestly, the advice the nurse gave you is what I finally had to decide to follow and my FMS has been fairly manageable ever since. I take my tramadol and neurontin on a regular schedule and take flexeril (muscle relaxant) at night if I can't sleep. It promotes stage 4 sleep, which is also helpful to help keep pain levels down.

Hope you have a good day! Sally

4. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

Tramadol, which is what the doc told me to double, and flexeril...which is what he told me to take 3xs a day.

Since I have done that, my hip pain has really decreased! I can actually walk normal now...and it's been at least 8 weeks that I couldn't.

I am still getting the swelling in my hands and legs and feet...but not quite as bad as before. So it looks like this course of action will be the right one for now.

My doctor is really good to me. His nurses are awesome too. As soon as I call and say I need to get in because of a flare, they get me in. My doctor always tries to help me in anyway he can, and is a very understanding person.

When I complain about my weight, he doesn't act high and mighty toward me at all...he simply says to do what I can. If it hurts to do something, lessen the amount or don't do it. He considers my pain factor over anything else.
    It's not that he doesn't think I need to lose some pounds, but he does understand that it's really hard to do so.