My body has failed me againPlantar fascitis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jul 22, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I rarely complain but my body is so failing me. I was basically housebound May, June and most of July.

Finally last week I started feeling better. I jumped in and started to get caught up. My granddaughter is coming in 2 weeks to stay for 2 weeks and her room is a constuction holding area for my tools.

I still have to finish the mud in the 3rd room so I can paint it, It is going to be a tool room/studio. I so want to get this done. I am so tired of looking at it. The room was sheetrocked over 7 months ago!

I got up yesterday at 6 or so to potty, when my foot hit the floor, I was like, yikes, who beat my foot with a hammer while I was asleep. I had to walk on my toes and yesterday was my day at the shop.

My boss is on vacation, so I HAD to be there. I took my meds, ususally double them on work day. It was tolerable with my soft, cushy sandles. Of course it was one of those busy days, some days only one or 2 people come in- but NOOOO not yesterday.

I can home and did my reseach and found out what it was. Plantar fascitis- I know one person that had this several years ago, she had a awful time with it.

The only thing you can do is ice and rest. Walking on your toes is the worse thing, it cuase strain on the calf and achilles tendon and causes more strain on the planter tendon on the heel.

So here I sit, feeling better, the weather is cooler and I have a 100 foot ditch to weedeater, I have put it off the last 2 weeks because of the heat. This is so frustrating.

I know this was caused by the extra work I have been doing this week as far as mudding work. Alot of squatting, streching,etc has caused that foot to get inflamed.

There are other causes for this but this one makes the most sense to me. I hope there are some good movies or something on TV today.

Has anyone seen Transamerica? I love Felicty Huffman and thought I might get it today on PPV. Blockbuster is a 25 round trip, so that is out of the question.

Sorry to ramble on, just had to get this off my chest.
    You may be "seeing" a lot of me today :) Carla
  2. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

You might like this website:

[web site address removed as per rules]

PF is very treatable - although it all takes a while and it is very painful - have you tried taping yet?

I have very bad feet/ankles/nerve damage. I love that board. It is great.
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

with Lyme disease and coinfections. I was on the Marshal Protocol for CFS for about 14 months. Found out while on the MP that I tested positive for lyme. Went to a Lyme M.D. and he took me off the MP to see show I would do. Within one month my foot pain started coming back. I plan on resuming the MP soon and start what I finished.
    Foot pain as you are describing is comming with the coinfection bartonella.
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Here's a good article that was in the "American Family Physician" about plantar fasciitis. The exercises and support are very helpful.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010201/467.html

I had a six-month bout with it and taping was very beneficial for me. I used wide athletic tape - a podiatrist or athletic trainer can show you how to do it.

Jan
  5. place

place New Member

You can find my posts all over the heelspurs.com boards. I did every protical out there, surgeries, you name it.

Everyone says stretching helps, but it just seemed to agrivate mine further.

What eventually was the best solution... geting shoes that supported my arch.

I tried over 5 custom made shoe inserts, but only the birkenstocks did any justic.

Then I learned to stretch my calf, with a spray and stretch method.

I could not stand in the shower, or go grocery shoping for longer than 15 minutes.

Now, I have picked up my running again.

I still have pain if I go over 10,000 steps, but I feel like I have my life back now!

Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2006]
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I sure hope this doesn't go on as long as some of you have had to surrfer.

I am hoping this is just an irritaion tha will go away if I stay off of my feet for a few days.

I did try 15 minutes of sanding and my calves are sore too. I just was on my feet to much the last few days.

I usually wear good tennis shoes for support. But I found a comfy soft rubber sandle to wear around the house and do dirty work in.

I guess I won't do that anymore, back to the support.

I love Easy Spirits, and Rebock work best for me. I always have to watch for sales, but they are worth it and last a long time.

Thanks again- Carla
  7. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I just replied to a similiar message perhaps you read it. -When I had plantar fascitis I had about 2-3 acupucture treaments done on the soles of my feet. The pain never returned. Don't know if this would be helpful to you but it did work for me.
    I had no bone spurs, but horrible pain. I went to several docs before finding a fabulous doc in Wash DC. where I was living at the time. He was a podiatrist/surgeon. He sadly died quiet a few yrs back. I knew when I met him that he was unusual and he had a reputation of being a great doc. His name was Dr. Moskow for anyone that knew and remembers him.

The treatment regemin included: foot baths, massage, acupucture, toe manipualtions, and the best made shoe inserts (made by doctor). Everything helped but I do recall that after several acupucture treatments the pain simple left me--forever. It helped gradually then for good. Have remained pain free for years.
    I had suffered with the pain for about a year or more and the pain was worsening over time. I had done all kinds of stuff at suggestion of other docs but the acupucture did the trick for me.
    I hope you find something that works.
    ruby
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

had it... still have it..
    3 cortisone shots into the heel.. orthotic inserts for my "old lady" shoes.. the only kind I can wear now.. every type of anti-inflammatory on the market.. electro therapy, physical therapy.. I finally had to change jobs so that I wouldn't be on my feet all the time.. I've been having trouble with it for maybe 5 years? (more or less) still rears it's ugly head when I'm on my feet alot.. I have heal spurs as well which tends to go with it..
    Ouch! I remember crawling to the bathroom in the morning because the first steps in the morning would be so painful.. If you keep having trouble get to the docs..
    Hugs.. dona
  9. QuilterB

QuilterB New Member

Carla,
    I've had 2-3 episodes of this lovely condition ... the first after taking it easy for a month when I broke my big toe; went right back to my previous schedule --- bad idea! My reaction on my foot hitting the floor in the morning was to scream. For me, whenever I've had an additional flare-up, getting my podiatrist to tape my soles securely, and leave the tape on for a week, if possible, really seems to help. Anti-inflammatories, like Ibuprofen or Aleve, are also beneficial to me. Then when the pain has subsided somewhat, doing the stretching exercises he recommends are well worth the time, in helping prevent future problems.

Good luck!
    QuilterB