My Body is Rejecting Dental Work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Sep 18, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Owwwwwwww :( I had a tooth filled yesterday and it seemed to have gone fine. The dentist didn't see an infection. Well, today, all the nerves are inflammed. I've been through this before. I'm hoping it will just calm down in a few days. If it doesn't, I might have to ask for a root canal. But the thing is, the last one I got, I was rejecting the materials they used on it and I had a similar problem. That tooth eventually did calm down. I hope this one will. I can't afford to keep paying the dentist. It's a white filling. I didn't want the metal. But I don't know what this is made out of. All I know is, the nerves are inflamed and it hurts :(
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I had all 13 of my merc amalgams removed, but before doing so, the dentist had me get tested with the Clifford Dental Materials Allergy test... it tests for likely allergies to different dental materials, I was surprised how many were noted as reactive.

This may be something you might look into before having any more dental work done... & sure hope you don't have to have a root canal. Regarding whether they're inflamed or infected, maybe you should go for an xray? It could be actually infected...

all the best, hope it gets better on its own!