My Body Won't Make Aerobic Energy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Dec 31, 2002.

1. seans

seans New Member

My Body Won't Make Aerobic Energy. This is one of the things that bothers me most. I can't run or bike or really play any sports. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone done anything that has really helped resolve this problem?

thanks.
  2. lavenderblue

lavenderblue New Member

Hi Seans,

I don't know if the problem I've got is the same as yours but it might be similar.

My body won't convert stored energy (fat) into available energy. By this I mean that if I exert myself at all, my body seems to use up it's immediate supplies, ie glucose and glycogene, very quickly and then goes into a state of hypoglycemia very quickly. This result in me having to eat something to stop the attack (and supply immediate energy). As a result I've put on weight and can't shift it because as soon as I cut down the hypoglycemia kicks in. I've had a glucose tolerance test which shows no problems.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

LB (UK)

3. ArtTeacher

ArtTeacher New Member

Hi seans, I'm 26 female. Dx Aug 2002 w/ CFS & FMS. I use to bike, do aerobic exercise until about summer 1997. If I exerted myself too much I would get lightheaded and have to lay down or I'd pass out. I've chilled on a few neighborhood lawns due to "biking to the extreme". In other words riding up a hill. I've come to the conclusion that any aerobic exercixe other then walking my body can't handle. I do Pilates. It was developed by Joseph Pilates. You can find a lot of info about him on the internet. Pilates concentrates on streching and strengthening the muscles and concentrates on the stomach muscles(the power house). There are many videos for Mat Pilates. What that means is that all you need is a mat to work on. There are gyms that offer mat pilates classes along with yoga and arobics. Since I work full time as a teacher I don't have time to go to a gym so I purchased a pilates machine. It sort of looks like a rowing machine. They range in price. Mine cost less then a years membership at a gym. I purchased my from a TV shopping show. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the station... (QVC). <---- if it's not there then it was edited.
    Happy New Year
  4. seans

seans New Member

Artteacher, thanks. I was dx with cfs in 1996. At the time I was in near olympic level physical condition. I did karate, jui jitsu, biking, weight lifting, you name it.Then I got sick. I was super sick for a year. Now I'm operating in my comfort zone but a long way from having my life back.

I do anaerobic weight training. Even this makes me light headed and I have to take it easy or I can get sick. But I can't do any real aerobic activity without getting sick. It feels to me like my body won't even make any aerobic energy. I'm researching and am going to start trying to find out what all is wrong with me and address as much as I can.

Thanks for your note.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Get Dr. St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA." Whether or not you decide to try the Guai treatment, this book does an excellent job of explaining the Krebs cycle and why our bodies cannot produce energy. Our mitochondria are the little "power plants" in the body and our do not work right.

Love, Mikie