My boy and I need some good thoughts PLEASE...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Sep 13, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

As many of you know allready, I am the mother to three labs, 2 still with me and one in heaven, but always a mama of three I will be.

They are my life and what gets me through each day...

We brought my youngest boy Dayne, to his doc this morning for a dental cleaning...And after a week of anxiety and a bundle of nerves (moreso than normal) I have realized that today I have actually 'shut down'...After losing my Moose last year, I can no longer 'handle' this stress of anything that could put my boys at risk...

I trust my vet and esp. the tech that is tending to my boy today and even though I am truly thankful for them and it should make this a walk in the park, I am still a wreck...

I wouldn't bother anyone with this but being I have seen people ask for prayers for other things they deem important, I thought I would request the same because my boys are MY WORLD...

It's 10:40 now and they should be calling in an hour or so to let me know how he is...

BTW, the last time he had this done was 6 years ago, he did well, so the vet said, yet he couldn't even stand when I picked him up...The dose of meds used were to be very low to keep him sedated yet he seemed to be greatly effected...

He is going to be 10 next month and he is Mama's Angel...If I tell you the vet actually chuckled when I said he needed his teeth cleaned...Only his canines are full of tartar and I thought if I got it done now he would never need it again...The vet agreed with me on that so we decided to do it...

We scheduled it for this morning cause the doc is in doing surgery in the room next to where he will be getting his teeth cleaned, if something happens, the doc is right there.

Okay, nuff of the nerve job for now...Thanks in advance for the good thoughts, even if you think I am a lil wacky asking for this it's ok, the least I can do is bombard the man upstairs with thoughts of Dayne...tehe

Thank you for reading~Alicia
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I guess you do know how I am feeling...

Sometimes I think we love them TOO much...

Thanks for the reply...

Welcome to the board too!!!![This Message was Edited on 09/13/2006]
  3. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I understand completely about worrying about your "boys". I have two "girls" Golden retrievers, Amber is 4 1/2 and Kashmir just turned a year old yesterday. They too, are the lights of our lives (don't get me wrong, so are my children!!!!)

Your baby will be fine, just keep thinking positive thoughts and he will soon be home in your arms and giving you lovin's.

Take care

Lis
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am sure Dayne is doing well. I feel God watches over all of his kingdom's creatures. He is in good hands..

Take care Alicia.

Kim
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I have a sheltie mix(his looks and his temperment is all sheltie).He is at least 14 maybe older.We rescued him from the pound.He is full of energy but I still get scared.parting that every thing will go well.linda
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Gorgeous Dayne is doing wonderful and is resting on his bankie and pillow...

His teeth are all healthy underneath all that "crap" that she got rid of and two molars were checked due to chipping from chewing on his nylabones but they are healthy enough to keep for the rest of his life...

His doc checked him too and he is very happy with his dental health...WOOHOO!!!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts, they are appreciated more than I could say...

I am so glad this is over, he will get spoiled some until I pick him up at 4pm...I hope he will still love me...tehe

His Papa had to carry him in to the OR, he wouldn't go willingly cause one of the techs spooked him...But all is well now and he will get lots of "DOVE" when he gets home...
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Give Dayne a hug from all of us when you get him home. As you can see from my profile I am a labby lover too. Though I love dogs in general.

I am so glad everything went well for you and Dayne.

No you are not wacky. Your dogs are part of your family just as mine are!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)