My brain needs a break.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missnae1, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

I have been so fixated on this FM crap that I can't seem to think of or do anything else. The anxiety is at all time high...can't sleep, wake up exhausted and each and every day is the same struggle. How does one carry on? Trying so hard to work a few hours a day. Somedays I just wanna throw in the towel. Meds aren't doing much to help. Doctors don't help. How 'bout some coping techniques, does anyone care to contribute?? Thanks
  2. gcalex

gcalex New Member

Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Talks about using meditation and acceptance as ways of dealing with chronic illness. But don't give up either, maybe you haven't seen the right doctor yet. (G-d do I hate them though, they are all so predictable and ignorant it seems.)
  3. bejo

bejo New Member

I don't know what meds your Dr. has you on,if any.But if you have a Dr.that won't work with you,go Dr.shopping.That kind of sounds stupid,but that is what it really is.Keep looking until you find one that will work with you.If your Dr. will work with you but the meds he has you on aren't working,make an appointment with him and see about trying some other meds.If you can find something that helps you sleep,then the sleep will help the fatigue at least some.I think the coping kind of comes with the accepting of FMS.Hope this helps some,the support you will find here will also help because everyone here will understand how you feel.It helps just to know that you're not alone.
    ((((hugs)))) bejo