My Brittany dog was hit by a car

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggiemae55, Nov 19, 2006.

1. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

This happened late Wed. afternoon...right in front of my eyes. I also have a Golden and we had just finished our walk. When we got home I let Koty (Brittany) off leash because he lives to chase squirrels. A minute ar two later, a car runs a stop sign and turns onto my street. I saw him run the stop sign and head our way.

I could see in my head what was going to happen...I was yelling for the guy to slow down, holding my Golden and trying to get Koty to stop...but he saw a squirrel across the street. It was like slow motion...the car didn't slow down, hit Koty and drove right over him. I was freaking out and screamed as the car sped away. There is no way he didn't know he hit my dog.

Koty has a dislocated hip, multiple cuts and stitches. But God was with him, because he will recover. The vets are amazed he survived. He spent Wed night in ICU.

If this had been my golden, or a person, I feel sure it would be fatal. I am trying to find the guy who did this. There were also 3 7-8 year old boys who saw it happen too. They are very upset, and can't believe a person would do this. We made up flyers and the boys put them at every house in the neighborhood. I have a few leads I'm looking into.

I don't know how much more I can take, I just had to file for bankruptcy, but will find a way to pay his bills.

What is wrong with some people that they can blatenly run over a poor animal, and have no remorse at all. I just don't get it!!!

For those who pray, if you would pray for his continued healing, and a financial miracle for me, I would appreciate it greatly. I do work 3 part time jobs and I am a single mom of 3.

I do have so much to be thankful for, but I am sooo depleted.....I just feel numb....

Warmly,
    maggie
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i am so sorry for you. i hope you get the git that did this, have the police taken a statement yet?

i'm not a praying kinda a gal but my thoughts are with you and koty xx
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear this happened to you and your beloved pet. Thank God your dog will recover. What goes around comes around and this person will get what they deserve sooner or later.

Soft hugs,
    Sandy
  4. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

I know there are many animals lovers on this board.

Prickles, I don't know what I would have done if he died. I'm so sorry your's didn't survive. :-(

I really appreciate all y'all's thought's and prayers.

Warmly,
    maggie
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Oh Maggie,
    I'm so sorry! I had one of my cats in the past get hit by a car in front of me. It's a terrible experience. Our pets are so important in our lives. Prayer's for your sweety coming your way.

kbak
  6. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'm so sorry. Our greyhound got hit by a car but thank God I didn't see it.

We tried to save him but ended up putting him down in surgery.

I'm so glad your outcome is better but sorry you had to witness it.

Shar
  7. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your Koty, thank goodness it was not fatal, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. People just don't care anymore, the world is changing fast. My prayers will be with you both.

Love to all, Ann
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry to Hear about your (Koty)!I will pray for a great recovery and also for Justice!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
  9. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Is Koty a Brittany Spaniel? I LOVE those dogs, had 3 of them while I was growing up. The last one died when I was in college, they were my best friends. Beautiful dogs, my dad used them for hunting pheasant and such. They were awesome to watch work.

Anyway, sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully your vet will let you make payments, they're usually good about that where I go. I'll send positive doggy thoughts Koty's way. Good luck.

Hermit
  10. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Will pray for koty to heal up fast and completely.

11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I will be praying for a quick recovery for Koty! You too, Maggie.

Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  12. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am so very sorry that your dog was hit by a car. I will pray for a speedy recovery and that you can afford the bills. I don't know if you saw my post yesterday on the chit chat board or not. But I lost my little dog "Rowdy" yesterday. I has been about to kill me. So thank God you fur baby is still alive, angels must have been watching! I hope you find the person responsible for causing so much pain to you and your dog. There is no excuse for that!

I am sending soft hugs your way!!!!!
    Jesus loves you and so do I!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  13. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

Maggie i am so sorry you two had to go through that i just had my baby hit by a hunter who didnt see him. My baby is meko he is a small shih tzu and well my street is all family hunters sneak around here and meko went to grammas house i didnt see the truck the grass was too high but this is just across the road in a diagonal way like i said no one is to be down here but family we even post no trespassing signs, anyway i was waiting at the door cause my kids were getting ready for football game and i had to potty real quick i went and i was going to the door and i heard him bark on the porch and thought wow he was quick he was out 5 minutes i let him in and he zipped into my room i walked behind him he sat down and looked at me inoticed a trail of blood and then his foot at first iw as like omg he was attcked by some animal i tried to examine then my father in law said a hunter stopped him he came back and said i think i hit the dog kids didnt go to the game rushed meko to hospital and my baby spent the rest of the weekend in the hospital no broken bones but they had to staple the would it was called degloving i wont go into detail i got weak when the vet doc told me but i asked if i could stay or visit they said no he was sedated sat and sun they were closed but i brought him home monday i didnt sleep the whole time i cried overtime i was shaking overtime just a mess i really wanted them to let me stay in the back with him i told them he is my baby you dont understand i went to the potty for 5 minutes im a bad mom i have to be here to let him know im sorry its so hard i wouldnt wish that on no one and i am realy sorry you had to go through that trauma you and koty well i wont let him out of my ssite and he sees or hears a car he runs real fast and he hastn trie d to go outside our yard the first time he went out side i went and i walked with him i almost fell i had him my cane and he was inbetween my feeet he wouldnt come out i had tolet him use the bathroom like that so he still is traumatized. it sticks with them as well as you i will look at him and start balling the boo boo just complelety healed but he has one shaved leg and his tail at the end has a knot all the scratches have healed i dunno how long its gonna take our emotions though god bless you both bkay
  14. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Thanks to ALL who have sent such wonderfull messages and prayers. I am so sorry to those whose pets have died as a result of accidents (or anything else for that matter!).

I also am super sensitive, and even cry at Hallmark commercials. I think it started when I had my 1st baby. I thinhk that is why it is soooo hard to understand why someone would do this.

I am still looking for him tho, but I can't let that eat me up.

I am exhausted, my daughter comes home from college tonight so I am very happy about that.

Someone suggested a bath...would you believe I haven't taken a bath in 4 yrs? Shower, yes!! Since I am a single mom, I always thought a bath took too long, and I just couldn't "waste" the time when I had so much other stuff to do. How sad is that!?!

Again, thanks to all!!

maggie
  15. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Maggie,
    I'm so very sorry that this happened! What a terrible thing to have happen and what a terrible thing for you and the children to see. I certainly will pray that you find this person and that your dog heals well and quickly.
    Also, I'll pray for money to come your way, more than you need, to help you handle all of this.

God bless,
    Terry
    p.s. Have you thought of contacting the Brittany Club of your area? They might have funds that they could access to help you. T.