My brother died this morning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by woofmom, May 6, 2007.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

My brother died 10:30 this morning. He would have been 45 on July 7. My Mother is 21/2 hours away. She's 80 and her health is fragile. Some close relatives are meeting me there tomorrow to help me tell her. I can barely handle my grief but hers will be almost too much to bear. I'm afraid this may cause me to lose her too. He was the baby and was two months old when my dad died. My grief seems unending.
  2. pat460

pat460 New Member

What a terrible loss and so young too. My sister died when she was only 28 so I know something about what you must be going through. Please accept my sympathies. Remember to celebrate his life and the joy he brought to your heart.

I will be thinking of you and your mother in the days ahead. Pat
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

My Deepest Sympathy to You and Your Family,You all will Be in My Thoughts and Prayers! Breath Deeply!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sending lots of prayers your way woofman...i am only 42 years old and hate to think i could go so soon...

deepest sympathy's

5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

It is terrible what you are having to go through. He was so young. Did he have something wrong with him or was it an accident? I will pray for you andyour family. Pam
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am very sorry to hear about the lose of you dear brother. You and your mother are in my prayers.

God bless; Pam
  7. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

so sorry for your tragic loss at such a young age, then to compound it by breaking the news to your poor mother--may God grant you strength and peace to deal with this and also to the rest of your family. God bless, and my deepest sympathies--L
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

It's a hard thing to bear especially when he was so young, 45 is no age at all and its is going to be particularly hard on your Mother.

My Mum died in Jan and my older brother died two weeks ago and though it's been hard and sad, we're all getting through it.

This is going to be such a difficult time for you all, I wish I could say something to make it better.

Take care

[This Message was Edited on 05/07/2007]
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for you and your family. I pray that your mother will take the news and will lean on you for support. Lean on each other.
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother's death. 45 is definitely too young. You, your mother, and your family will be in my prayers. I will pray that your mother doesn't fall into inconsolable grief with the news, and that you are able to handle the loss as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

11. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm so sorry...

Hugs and prayers,
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your dear family during this time of grief.

I am so sorry about this and hope that your mom will hold up well and not have any negative health effects.

13. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

This will be a hard journey for you. Please take care of yourself and ride the waves of grief as best you can.

Peace to you,
  14. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. You have had many losses at a young age.

You will be in my thoughts as you start this long journey. Let youself grieve.

I promise you, one day the sadness and searing grief will not be this bad, as it does and will for the months ahead. My brother died in 1977 and I learned this, even though I thought I would not make it through.

Thoughts and love are with you and your mom...

15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

So sorry to hear about your brother! And I will pray for you and your family. Especially your mom!

Have a safe trip to her home.

16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Let yourself grieve because the tears will help you heal.

A big, long hug for you,

17. mezombie

mezombie Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your brother's death.

My deepest condolences.
  18. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. Prayers for you and your family during this time of grief.

19. victoria

victoria New Member

Please accept all my sympathy.

I lost my older brother at 27... it's hard, no doubt about it; it's one thing when someone is considered 'old', but another when one is still considered 'young'.. and parents are supposed to die before their kids.

At least she still has you and other relatives... I hope you all are able to comfort her in particular, and byd oing so comfort yourselves.

My deepest condolences,

I'm s sorry for your loss..thoughts and prayers for your and your family.