My brother just found out that his wife has stage 3

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lovethesun, Oct 8, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

brain cancer.Before they did the biopsy,the doctors thought thathey were probably benign.They just got through with biopsy and they said thatthere were four tumors not 3 and that they were malignant stage 3.My brother lives in Massachusetts so i've never got to know her well.My mother said that he was crying his eyes out over the phone and he isn't the type to cry. She will start on radiation.She was still groggy so I don't even know if she knows yet.

My husband says try not to think about it,but that's impossible for me.Thank you all for being there to listen today.Please pray for them.Linda
  2. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I am praying for you all in this terrible time. There are no words to say how bad I feel for all your going thru..

So I will pray. Asking our Lord to give his love and strength to you. De
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

They have been married for over 30 years.Linda
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Wow, that's so difficult, i can't even imagine what your brother and his wife are going thur, and the rest of the family.

I Pray God gives you words of wisdom and comfort for your family, I ask in Jesus, that your brother's wife is healed.

Amen

We are all here for you to lean on.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

That is so terrible. I will be praying for your brother and his wife. I will also remember you and your family in my prayers.

Kriket
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Linda, I'm so very sorry to read this sad news. I know that your brother must be devastated. My husband and I celebrated 24 years of marriage yesterday and we are closer now than ever. Long marriages are usually strong marriages and with 30 years together this must be so difficult for both of them.

I know this is easier said than done, but try not to let yourself get stressed over this situation. Keep turning it over to our Lord. He can handle it better than you can.

Lolalee
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

lolalee,I wi try and turn it over to God.my brother is just taking this so hard.Linda
  8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I am so sorry to hear of the news of your brothers wife in stage 3 brain cancer. That news must be so devestating to you all. Cancer can just hit at anytime and anyone, you never know. It is always so hard on the family to hear the news and worry about their loved ones.

I will keep your brother and his wife in my prayers. I am praying your family will have peace through all of this and that the doctors and nurses that care for your sister in law will be able to help her and take good care of her.

God Bless you

hugs

Kgangel
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Please know that I will be praying for all of your family. I ask God to help your dear brother...as I know he is hurting as he sees his beloved wife go through this.

I went through a situation about 11 years ago. The doc said I had a mass in my abdomen. They led me to believe it could be ovarian cancer. My husband went into a deep depression at thought of losing me. I have never been so concerned...as I saw him so upset.

It hurt me so much to see him so hurt. I was in so much physical pain, but was more worried about him... and leaving him.

We went to church on a Sunday evening and I went up to be prayed for. I asked God to please let me know if I would survive this thing...whatever it was. I asked Him if I was to come through this would He allow the pain to stop(for a short time, at least) for confirmation. I had been in constant pain!

Well, I was standing there with my eyes closed and I suddenly realized that my pain was gone! It was as though I was shocked even though I had asked Him for it! And, at the same time...I received COMPLETE reassurance that somehow I would live. I didn't know what I was to face...chemo, etc. The pain did come back...but it steadily decreased.

And, when I went back to the doctor the mass was not there! The doctor couldn't understand it. I told him what God had done. He said, "Well, I will just have to call it inconclusive". Needless to say....I didn't want to use this doctor again.

I said all of that to say....God is able...and I can truly say that I know how your family feels right now. It as though I see my hubby in your dear brother. This helps me pray extra hard for him!

Remember....I care!

Love.....Mari
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

God blessed you as you are such a bessing to all of us,inda
  11. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I can't think of much to say. So many people suffer with cancer. I will pray for your family and for you Linda.
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

one of the tumors is in a place that's inoperable.We haven't heard anything more from my brother yet.linda
  13. pepper

pepper New Member

I will pray for your brother and his wife. How very sad.

Pepper
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so sorry to hear of this bad news. My family just went through this with my Dad a little over a year ago and it is so difficult. I know this may sound hard to believe but there were some special moments of closeness with my family that is kind of hard to describe but it is the type of thing that you know only comes out of difficult times. I know that the Lord sustained me and all of my family. The Lord shows Himself strong for those in need. I am praying that will be the case for you and your family. If I may ask what is your SIL name so I can pray for her by name. Know that many will be praying here.

Love,
    Nancy
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Her name is Sue,,,,,and thank you.Linda
  16. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Dear Linda, I can't begin to imagine how you and your family are feeling right now.

I pray that God will restore Sue back to health and the tumors will disappear.

God Bless you and all of your family. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted.

carolin