My Bullseye Rash Is A Fungus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just wanted to let everyone know. Y'all have been so kind and caring and I appreciate it. I'm glad it wasn't Lyme or Lupus as they suspected it might be.

The fungus isn't ringworm but some other kind of fungal infection. I just picked up the anti-fungal salve from the pharmacy. Wish my zapper weren't broken. I need to e-mail Hulda Clark to see if I can send it in for repair.

Again, thanks to everyone. You guys are the best!!!

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm getting the suture removed on Wed. and will ask the name of the fungal infection. I've seen ringworm and this isn't like it. This is exactly like the bullseye rash one sees with Lyme. That's what had me so concerned. I'll ask how ones gets something like this. They probably don't know. I do mess around with plants out front and fungi are near the ground and on plants. I could also probably get it from Tweety's coat as she is always in the plants. I try to remember to keep my hands away from my face and wash them often. The Salve is Econazole Nitrate Cream, 1%. It only cost $6 for the tube. That was another relief.

I think it may take some time for this to go away but that's OK as long as it does go away.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Very glad to hear it! You might try virgin coconut oil, both topically and internally. It can be very effective against certain fungi. It is extremely effective against candida (I can speak from personal experience here).

You can read about it if you do a little googling on coconut oil and fungi.

Hope you get your zapper fixed soon!

Best wishes,

Mary
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

We just never know where we'll pick up something harmful to us. And is that a prescription cream?

About 4 years ago I got pneumonia that seemed to come out of nowhere. I had been gardening then about 2 hrs. later was sick. The doctor tested for fungi or something that comes from plants and can give pneumonia. Big news to me. So I try to always wear gloves. Same way with Tweety. You never know what she might have picked up and given to you......including ticks.

Do you give the once a month stuff on her back to kill fleas and ticks?
  5. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Hi Mikie, Glad to hear you got good news. Hugs, Michele
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mary, I will try the coconut oil. I've heard great things about it.

Sunflower Girl, it is an Rx. I had known that pneumonia can be caused from almost any kind of pathogen but I think fungal is rare. I have gloves for serious gardening but I'm always picking off flowers and leaves. I pet Tweety all the time and don't think about it, or didn't til now. She is soooo clean and has no fleas. Jeff, her legal guardian, doesn't believe in using the collars nor the med. He has cedar chips in their beds and the flower beds. He says that keeps fleas away. I have a flea comb and comb Tweety and never get anything. My neighbor got ringworm down here a couple of years ago. We wondered whether it was from the plants.

Michele, thanks for your kind good wishes.

Again, thank you all. I think the spot is less red and angry looking this morning. It is itchy, though. Hope that's a good sign.

Love, Mikie
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I'm glad it was good news and I hope it goes away quickly with the anti-fungal medication.
  8. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

anti animal, I don't own any, or should say they don't own me. But I listen every weekend to Warren Eckstein and his animal radio program, so I do care, but don't want to be responsible for any.

I could NEVER understand how people could kiss animals, sleep with them etc....I had a friend who said she slept every night with her cat on her chest...this just never set with me...

Animals carry a lot of germs and bacteria etc and I just don't feel good about being too close to them.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2012]
  9. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

So glad it's not Lyme or lupus. Nice that the ointment is cheap too. Keeps us posted, Mikie. Hope you can get some more info. Praying for a positive outcome. Keeps us posted.

Love, Erika
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Nanie, thanks for you good wishes. My tongue now has a white angora-like coat on it so I suspect I need something systemic for this fungal infection. I'll call tomorrow.

Leah, everyone always remarks how healthy these cats are for animals who live outside. I suspect, though, that they might carry some fungus on their coats which never gets down to the skin. I've been even more careful to wash my hands after I touch their dishes or them. I belong to a Medicare Advantage plan with Part D so my drugs are partly covered. I get generic whenever I can. I am being careful to wash my hands right after picking off dead blooms too. Some of the side effects listed on the med are itching and erythemas. Good grief; this is an erythema! Thanks for your interest and good wishes.

Jam, our family has always been in close contact with cats and dogs and nothing like this has ever happened. I could just as easily have gotten this from gardening and being in contact with soil. My neighbor, who never touches the animals around here, got ringworm. She does touch the plants, though. I respect your view on animals but, for me, I'd rather take my chances. I love animals sooo much. A number of years ago, I picked up a pit bull who was almost killed on a busy street. Until I found her owners, she slept with me.

Erika, thanks for your usual kind support. I really appreciate it. Yes, I'm glad the Rx was cheap. I pay no premiums for my ins. but I do have co-pays for docs and labs. So, it can add up pretty fast if I have a problem. My UTI ended up costing me $112. Still, if I had a supp, I'd likely pay more than that per month.

Again, thank you all for your help, concern, interest and good wishes. I appreciate each and every one of you more than you can know.

Love, Mikie