My butt and hips are sore.....Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shrtcak81, Feb 17, 2007.

1. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Lately I've been waking up with pain in my butt and hips, something I didn't really have before. It feels like I fell on my butt really hard. It's so sore and hurts to sit. Since I've had fibro, my pain mainly has been in my arms, shoulders, back and neck. I feel like it's getting worse and spreading to other places. I've been taking guafenisen for a little while, so I'm wondering if it's working in places I never really had problems with before. Has anybody had similar experiences? Thanks!

Crystal
  2. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

My hips are sore a lot. I sleep on my side, which is part of it. I really need to get one of those soft mattress toppers. I've heard they help. I do have one hip with more pain.
    Yes, this "disease" does spread. As you age and as some things free up you do discover new aches. Welcome to the club!
  3. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

I got one of these a few months back and have been sleeping on it. At first, I thought it would help, but I haven't felt any relief. Maybe I don't have a thick enough pad. It's 2 inches. It feels good to lay on, but I wake up the exact same as before I had it. It's disappointing:(

Crystal
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Yes, my hips and butt cheeks and tailbone are all more sore
    than usual. I have to lie on my back. Placing one or two pillows under my knees helps. Heat and stretching helps. A great massage helps me even more but I can't afford a personal masseuse every day! The chiropractor has helped me before but it often hurts when he adjusts my hips, I some relief after.
  5. ETN

ETN New Member

I have problems with my hips and my butt too...
    I think my butt is problems from my low back that I have. I have ddd and facet issues....I get a bilateral medial branch block with radiofrequency ablation for the pain. And let me tell you the procedure is VERY painful with conscious sedation and pain medication! I am not a wimp either...ooh but it does help with my back pain so it's worth it and I only have to do it once a year so far so it's ok !