My Cat beat the vet's rectal thermometer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My cats HATE the vet's rectal thermometer at each checkup. Last week at the checkup, the vet said he was unable to do the rectal temperature. I know this means I will get a full medical language explanation, followed by a human explanation.

Instead, he simply said my female cat "is totally full of poop." I laughed out loud, and he continued that she really needs to go to the bathroom and is so full, they can't do the rectal thermometer.

I looked at my cat and said " the vet said you are FULL OF IT--you finally figured out how to avoid the rectal thermometer!!!!!

i had the feeling that after I went to bed that night, my cat was on the computer e-mailing the Cat Nation of this new secret weapon against vets' rectal thermometers--advising all cats to check their human companions' calendars on the walls, in books, on computers, blackberries, cell phones and everywhere to find that word VET. Then the night before the Vet Visit to eat a lot and not use the litterbox. If the Cat Nation is successful, it could revolutionize how temperatures are taken and maybe a puff of air under the arm or something.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know which is worse, the thermometer or being bound up like that. I choose "none of the above." Hope things break loose (but not too loose :)

Love, Mikie

BTW, has Kitty been spending too much time online playing Angry Kitties Catapulting Sandbox Cookies at Chubby Men in Lamborghinis and not getting enough exercise?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2011]
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My female cat had that sly look on her face like "ah ha--now those rectal thermometers will be utterly useless and serve as coffee stirrers (ah, so don't drink any coffee from the vet's office after this)."
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I came home one day and got my electric scooter to the glass sliding door. I slid open the sliding glass door and there were two of those very large roaches (that got in under the sliding track), all sliced apart and pooped on--and my female cat was sitting behind them with "THAT LOOK."

What she was saying was: "I met the intruders, I battled the intruders and I sliced them apart with my Ginzu claws--and you were not here to help. So your punishment is that you have to clean up all the parts of the dead roaches plus my poop. Next time, be here for the battle."

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To display their kill is one of the highest honors they can pay the humans they own. One of our kitties was a very talented hunter (back in the days when we didn't keep our cats inside). She used to bring home all kinds of critter parts to display for our pleasure.

A neighbor here started feeding a stray cat; she already has a small dog. The cat has been coming inside, using the dog door. Now, it brings its kill into her shower and she has to wash all the blood down the drain before she can use her shower. The first time it happened, she had "Psycho" flashbacks. For the life of me, I don't know why she doesn't put the board in the dog door at night when kitty hunts.

The condo bldg. next to ours took in two strays, brother and sister. They have been neutered and had all their shots. They can get into one screened lanai for safety and to cool off. That bldg. has a lot of foliage around it and they have their own private jungle in which to play. They play with the wild critters too, including a possum and an otter. What a joy they are for the whole neighborhood. I buy cat food when it's on sale and take it down to help out. We all consider them "our cats" and others help out too.

Love, Mikie