My cat did'nt make it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tandy, Oct 1, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hey guys~
    I really don't like posting sore subjects simply for the fact that many of us are not feeling to well & come here to 'lift ourselves' and have fun chat.
    But I just thought I needed to let the few members here that have helped me so much know.
    My cat warrior started having mini seizures,and was just weaker & losing more weight despite my help/care.
    I brought him back into the vet monday before they closed, and put him to sleep.
    Of course I wanted to know that this was the right thing to do,and that he was just suffering.
    I could see it on my kittys face. He was so tired.
    I do believe in my heart that he had some underlying disease that they did'nt pick up.(like cancer)
    so thats that. I'm crushed more than I ever thought possible.
    crying again now so gotta go.
    thanks everyone for being here and for all your support
    will check in again when I feel up to it
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. You will be in my thoughts today -- and have been since your original post about him. I'm a cat person, too, and I understand how this decision has weighed on you.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray for comfort for your loss. Sweetie, yes, we do come here to be uplifted but we also come here to give and receive comfort when we are suffering or one of our members is suffering. That uplifts us all. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your kitty. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

God bless; Pam
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm sure you're right that there was something else going on and that, after a time, it became clear that he wasn't going to get better.

I know how hard it is to do everything you did. First to hope and to nurse so gently. Then, to face the terrible reality bravely and help him pass.

You have been brave and kind and responsible. Now you are probably heartbroken. I truly don't know how we do it. It is almost unbearably painful

The two things that always amaze me about this is that we can find the strength to help them pass when we love them so much and that our grief does lesson and that we do heal with time.

Be good to yourself.

6. springwater

springwater Active Member

Having lost pets myself, I feel your pain. May you soon heal from this..the pain must be very raw just now but it does get better, thank goodness. Hugs &

God Bless
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm so, so sorry - I've been thinking about you and your wee Warrior.

You did everything you could for him and he knew he was well loved and cared for.

You cry,Tandy, you cry all you want for your baby - he's worth crying for.

He will be a huge loss to you but, Tandy, if you don't have other pets, seriously consider getting one. I thought when I lost Rosie in 2005 that I'd never replace her but the house and our lives were so empty that we got our two little kitties only TWO months later. They haven't replaced Rosie but they've replaced the hole in our hearts.

Please let us know how you're doing.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm sorry to hear about Warrior!,,,,you did all you could for him!,,,,Now he's on the other side looking at you and saying "What a Great Mom i Had!",,,,,,,Hope you feel better soon dear!,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs!,,,,,,,,Sis
  9. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain.

Hang in there.
  10. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Only those fortunate enough to have shared their lives with a pet can truly understand the pain of allowing them to move on.

Cry your tears and know you're in our hearts.

11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so sorry. I thought the little guy might have a chance with your wonderful care. Of course you did the absolutely right thing. I think it's such a blessing that we don't have to let them suffer, as hard as it is.

From my personal experience losing my own special kitties, I know it takes a lot of tears to bear the loss. Let them fall whenever you need to.

Hugs to you,
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

for your kind words.
    they were heartfelt and are helping me thru this rough patch~

13. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

This past winter I lost my baby and it absolutely broke my heart. It still does and here I sit typing this post to you and I'm crying just thinking of your pain.

I just want to send you lots of hugs and just know that your baby is at peace and is no longer suffering.

I'm just so very sorry!
  14. gapsych

gapsych New Member

So, so sorry. I know what it is like to lose a pet(s).

Pets can be so therapeutic. My cat always seemed to know where I hurt, would avoid that part of my body but get as close as possible to me, and lick my hand like she was nurturing a kitten. Boy, just typing that brings tears to my eyes and this happened three years ago.

I do volunteer work, when I can, for our local Animal Shelter as a cat socializer. Your cat was so lucky to have a home with you.

What a hard decision for you but you did the right thing. You probably know this in your heart.

Take care of yourself as this is a hard period for you and we will understand if we do not hear from you for a while.

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2008]
  15. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I am crushed to hear this news. I have been checking back for updates on Warrior's condition, and so hoped he would pull through. You certainly did do everything you possibly could for him. With all of that, and seeing that he was not improving, you made the right decision. I know how hard it is to make that decision, but you did the right thing.
    You and your family have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your beloved family member.
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry to hear you lost your Warrior, I lost my 15 yo buddy 2 1/2 years ago and still miss him.

I haven;t been here much lately and missed any posts you have made. Just remember Rainbow Bridge and you will see him again.

Don't question yourself, you did the right thing for him and he knows it. Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you-Carla
  17. tandy

tandy New Member

your posts are helping me so much~

I thought I had to worry about how my kids were gonna take it,..(they are 12 and 16) they are doing ok
    Its me thats taking it hardest~
    I bet its because I was the caregiver???
    and tried so hard to make him well.

still trying to figure out why I'm so sensitive to things like this.
    I mean,... I avoid grocery stores just in case I run into someone that knew my cat was ill,... I'm so afraid of having them ask about warrior and I'll lose it right there.
    (I cry easy) thats just one of my flaws :)

I'm sure in time I'll be fine.
    having you all has been a blessing to me~
    thanks again everyone,
  18. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry it took so long to write but I have not been able to stay on the computer for very long lately, if I get one to begin with.

Yes, losing your sweet kitty is like loosing an old friend or even a family member esp if they have been with you a very long time. Yes, you did the right thing for Warrior . We had to do the same thing to my DH sweet dog years ago when he was going blind and was just so old and weak. Some of my girls played with him when they were little. They could do everything to him and he didn't care - poor dog ! He was such a sweet old doggie.

Yes you will miss Warrior. That is normal and he will be in your heart always.

Blessings and hugs,

19. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

They are part of our family for sure, and sometimes more comforting. You were a great parent of the kitty.

I hope you find comfort in the good memories you shared.

20. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I was so sad to read that warrior didn't pull through. I know you did everything you could have done for him. He's at peace now, running around with all of his cat buddies....maybe he'll see my Murfy.

I lost my favorite cat, Murfy, 2 mos ago, he was only 3 yrs and caught FIV somehow. Suddenly he was sick and I had to put him down a week later. Just about killed me. So I know exactly how you're feeling, the heartbreak is still with me.

You'll miss him so much, but over time the hurt will lessen. Then you'll be able to remember the good times you shared with him. If you have a nice photo of him maybe you could frame one.

Take Care, Hermit