My cat is acting like "I'm sick"........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mom2many, Nov 19, 2008.

1. mom2many

mom2many New Member

For those of you that have cats or dogs, know how they act when your sick? Always near you and sleeping with you, well my cat knows when anyone in our house is sick. He is NOT an affectionate cat, he doesn't cuddle or sit in you lap but he does stay close to someone that's sick and sleeps with them.
    If I'm sick and someone else is also the cat will stay closer to me.
    Anyway my cat have been near me and following me for 2 days and slept with me last night but I'm NOT sick. One of the kids is sick and the cat hasn't been near him much at all. He's worrying me that he knows something I don't know, am I going to be sick soon? LOL
    Anyone have there pet acting like your sick before you got sick?
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that your cat is sick himself - I would keep an eye on him.

3. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I did think that at 1st so I have been watching him, he's eating fine, if I leave the room and one of the kids is petting him he seams fine. He doesn't seam to be hurting anywhere.
    Yesterday he did do his own thing more and not stay right next to me and did not sleep with me.

Thanks, I'm still going to keep an eye on him.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

I couldn't help but smile when reading your post!,,,could it be that your Cat has just realized what a great Mom you are and wants to be near you?,,,,i'm not a cat owner but a dog owner and he always seems to be more clingy when i'm having a really bad day too,,,,,,,They seem to be hypersensitive to our needs!,,,,,,,enjoy his company!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  5. mom2many

mom2many New Member

LOL, if so it toke him 6 years to see what a great mom I am, LOL, we got him when he was 6 weeks old, he was the rut and no one wanted him and he wouldn't eat the hard cat food. So I feed him around the clock and got some weight on him. I seam to have a way with that, I have 5 preemies.

Anyway maybe your right about the bad day thing. It's been a hard week with 5 of the 7 kids getting a stomach bug.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

My daughter's cat is the very same and my old cat used to do that too - stay beside us when we're sick in bed, like they are watching over us and giving us comfort.

I hope you're wrong about your cat thinking you are going to get ill and I'm glad he appears to be fine himself.

7. caffey

caffey New Member

When I am not feeling well my cat stays close to me. She is not a cuddler. At night she sleeps at the foot of the bed except when I am not feeling well then she sleeps at the top of the bed and snores like you wouldn't believe. Another thing. 2 years ago I had a heart attack and called the ambulance. They came and left with lights and sirens. Kitty now freaks out everytime they come to my bldg. It really traumatized her. Poor thing.