My cat is stuck way up in a tree

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Feb 19, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Ok, I just got this new cat. It showed up at my door, so I decided to take it in and feed it and nurse it to better health. Went outside today and could hear her meowing over and over and I thought she was locked in the storage shed for a min. until my b/f noticed her way up in a tree. Something must have really scared her to go way up the tree. Anyway, to make a long story short, she is stuck and can't get down. We put a long board from the tree to the roof of the storage shed, but she is scared to come down it. If she dosen't come down pretty soon, I may have to call the local fire dept. to get her down. Any suggestions here. I feel so bad and helpless. I know she is scared.

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Do you Have an Exstendabel (sp) Ladder? maybe your Bf. could use that to get her down? Poor Kitty! Good Luck! ..........S
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Years ago when I lived where I couldn't have dogs and had a cat instead I had a similar situation.

When I went out to go to school (this was college, didn't want to sound like I was 12 at the time!!) in the morning the cat (Chocolate) was sitting on top of the telephone pole and mewing pitifully.

I was so upset and worried. My brother's friend came over to give me a ride to school and I showed him the problem.

He looked up at the cat and threw a rock towards it. It didn't even get close, but Chocolate ran right back down the pole with no trouble at all! I was amazed! I didn't think there was any way he could come down! Silly kitty!

Hope you get her down ok!

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

have you ever seen a dead cat up a tree??? This was what a fireman asked on tv., he was sick getting called out to rescue kitties and pointed out that they always come down.

maybe kitty will come down when everyone's in bed. I hope so. Please let us know.

[This Message was Edited on 02/20/2007]
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Well, kitty just could not get down on her own. My brothers friend got her down somehow this morning. So, she is out of the tree, but without help, I don't think she would have ever made it down.

6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Glad your kitty is okay. :) Oh my gosh, I can see by the timing of your first post that she was up there for quite a while. Over an entire day? Poor thing, I bet she was hungry! Have a great night. Kim :)
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

"The cat came back".
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm glad to hear she's down.

They say they'll come down when they get hungry enough but I've never been tough enough to find out.

9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Is that from:

"The cat came back, the very next day. The cat came back and it wouldn't go away."

Now you have me singing that song!!

10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

poor wee kittie must have been so scared.

11. jyl

jyl Member

That happened to me years and years ago. I was a teenager and for what every reason one of our cats climbed way way up a pecan tree. My Dad said, "oh, don't worry if he got up there he can get down."

Seven days and nights later, we had a friend come over with a very long pole and poke him out of the tree and we caught him in a sheet.

His coat was bleached by the sun but was very soft from the rain.

12. kriket

kriket New Member

It is true that a cat will climb very high in a tree and then cannot get down. Does not make a lot of sense, but this is why so many firemen resue cats. They get way up and are scared to come down and won't without help.