My CFIDS started w/flu shot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ally51, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ally51

ally51 New Member

I am kind of new here but when i saw the post on flu shots I had to respond. I developed my CFIDS 13 years ago after getting a flu shot not long after gettin Hep.B vaccinations. I don't know which started the path to CFIDS and could have been the combo. but wanted to share my acct. I was a teacher of sp. ed. and encouraged to get Hep. B. vac. so did-just 2 of them. When I got the flu shot several weeks later I came down with a 104 temp for a month and tested positive for Epstein Barr, Hepatitis, Herpes 6 and several other viruses. Anyway, was very sick for several years and got diagnosed with CFIDS. Have been disabled and not well ever since. Hope this will be of help to someone.
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Ally51
    Welcome here.I'm sorry you have this terrible D.
    Several people here think there is a connection between shots we have been given and our comeing down with CFS/FM.

I think I could have gotten it from childhood shots.
    Thank you for posting your thoughts its very interesting

3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

The prolonged fever precipitated your CFS and did some damage. Whatever caused the fever did it. The vacinations lowered your immune system and you got the "bug." You should try to get into one of the Ampligen trials or seek a doctor that does it.

Hope this helps.

CherylSue
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2006]
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Me too. I wonder if it was specific years? Or there are always a few weird shots in with the millions?

Love Anne