My concern about my colonoscopy is

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Of all the times for my hemmroids to be flaring..it is now. Plus I'm leaving on vacation July 3 and I just dont want nothing to go wrong so I cant go. My fears are what if he removes my hemmroids when I'm out and it will take me forever to heal and I wont be able to travel or what if they punch a hole in my colon and I have to go in for emergany surgery and miss my vacation that I've been looking forward to for a year. I know I'm a worry whort but I've been thru so much this past year that this vacation is very special and I dont want to take the cahnce of anything messing it up.
    Carlacat
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

That type of complication is rare in deed.

How bad are your hemorrhoids? I had internal hemorrhoids noted during my colonoscopy, they were left alone.

Discuss your concerns with your doc.

Fondly, June.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

At least they didn't remove mine. I had no problems with them afterward. Even if they were to remove internal hemorrhoids, I can't imagine it would be any worse than having the five polyps I had removed. If the doc had not told me they removed something, I would not have known it.

Perforating the colon is a rarity. As my Mom used to say, "Don't borrow trouble." Believe you will go through this test with ease and it is more likely to happen that way. Think about your vacation and how nice it will be to have the test behind you (no pun intended).

Love, Mikie
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...that colon perforation thing is very rare indeed. I have never had hemorrhoids, so I can't comment on that, but I don't believe that is routinely dealt with during a colonoscopy....

Good luck, I understand your hesitation, but I think it will be OK!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

your info. I canceled my appt so I will do it when I get back from vacation. And YES I do need this vacation so bad. I've been to so many docs and been thru so many tests that I need a piece of mind for a short time.
    Thanks
    Carlacat