MY CONFUSING SS HEARING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Nov 22, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

well monday was my hearing before the alj for my ssi thanks for everyones prayers, well i realy cant tell you how it went because im very confussed !the judge asked me alot of qustions i had a big folder with me of all my records and info when he asked me to list all my health promblems and symtoms i opened up the book he told me to close it and push it away from me that he dosent want me to use it for ANYTHING!the only thing he did let me look at were my meds because he needed the spelling and doses,he said that hes going to send me to a rhemotolgist,
    i told him i have a refferel to see a rhem and asked if we could just use the rhem i was already going to see and he said NO, i told him that i was upset because the last dr they sent me to said i didnt even have scolosis ! and i turn and showed him my back and said look its unmissable!
    he said well i think the dr said slight scolosis i said no read the report and also in the denial letter it says no sign of scolosis but theres at least 8 records in my file about it ! he told me to just couprate with the rhum,
    then he said he didnt needed anything eles and didnt want to talk to my witnesses,and said hed make a dissicon after he got the rhuem report,
    so what do you all think good or bad ?

confussed
    kara
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

well monday was my hearing before the alj for my ssi thanks for everyones prayers, well i realy cant tell you how it went because im very confussed !the judge asked me alot of qustions i had a big folder with me of all my records and info when he asked me to list all my health promblems and symtoms i opened up the book he told me to close it and push it away from me that he dosent want me to use it for ANYTHING!the only thing he did let me look at were my meds because he needed the spelling and doses,he said that hes going to send me to a rhemotolgist,
    i told him i have a refferel to see a rhem and asked if we could just use the rhem i was already going to see and he said NO, i told him that i was upset because the last dr they sent me to said i didnt even have scolosis ! and i turn and showed him my back and said look its unmissable!
    he said well i think the dr said slight scolosis i said no read the report and also in the denial letter it says no sign of scolosis but theres at least 8 records in my file about it ! he told me to just couprate with the rhum,
    then he said he didnt needed anything eles and didnt want to talk to my witnesses,and said hed make a dissicon after he got the rhuem report,
    so what do you all think good or bad ?

confussed
    kara
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sometimes these guys just act like God because they can. It often does not have anything to do with their decisions. Do you have an atty. who has gotten your docs to sign paperwork that you are disabled according to SS's own Listing 1.02? If not, talk to an atty. to see if it's still possible to do. Good luck.

My hearing was scheduled for Dec. 9th, but the judge is taking early retirement, so it's been cancelled and not yet rescheduled. It's maddening!

Love, Mikie
  4. sheri

sheri New Member

I'm sorry you had what I would call a frustrating court hearing! Getting all prepared and he wouldn't look at your files. I have no idea what goes on in these judges minds. I do know we have to do as they say, they have the power(they think) but there is a much higher power who really has the right to be Judge. I pray you will find favor and that the ssi will go through for you. Hold on! blessings, sheri
  5. battyforbeanies

battyforbeanies New Member

If you had reports that hadn't already been turned in you should have turned them in then, but if it was reports from doctors you had already told the ss office about. The judge should already have them. The judge at my hearing asked me questions and then she compared them to what the doctors said my problems were. Then on my approval letter she said my discription of my limitations were credible because she had doctor reports to back me up. She never looked at my files while I was there. She did that later. I hope that is what your judge is doing. But you can have the rhuemy you are going to see on your own to send a paper to them as well as the one their rhuemy sends.
    Praying you get a positive ruling,
    Vickie C.
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

thanks for the replys i did have new dr reports with me i had called them and they told me just to bring it with me insted of trying to get it there in time,the judge did say that he would request them so hopefully he will sense june ive gotten dx with 2 more things so it was very important
    i realy dont know what to think
  7. indnangel

indnangel New Member

Allhart,If you don't mind me asking what state do you live in? Indnangel
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

i live in tucson az ,my judges name was norman blus