My Curves membership

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Nov 12, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am telling you all I never thought I would say this I actually am having such a good time at Curves, my in laws bought me a membership.

I have honeslty not tried anything to exercise since I go this and I was such a skeptic but I am going every day, making myself.

I am 216 lbs, have always before been around 140-150, that is perfect for me, I have a ways to go but it does feel so good and it is really helping my attitude. I am smiling again, I feel like I am getting the old Jaci back, I do still hurt but it does help to get out & make myself go a bit.

I applies today for a job at a flower shop as delivery person, I think it would be so cool to make people smile all day, that will help to lift my spirits every day, I just hope I can do it.

Hate hate hate sales anymore, never wanna do it again, so I will earn 1/10th, it will feel good!

Love to all & thanks for always being here.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am telling you all I never thought I would say this I actually am having such a good time at Curves, my in laws bought me a membership.

I have honeslty not tried anything to exercise since I go this and I was such a skeptic but I am going every day, making myself.

I am 216 lbs, have always before been around 140-150, that is perfect for me, I have a ways to go but it does feel so good and it is really helping my attitude. I am smiling again, I feel like I am getting the old Jaci back, I do still hurt but it does help to get out & make myself go a bit.

I applies today for a job at a flower shop as delivery person, I think it would be so cool to make people smile all day, that will help to lift my spirits every day, I just hope I can do it.

Hate hate hate sales anymore, never wanna do it again, so I will earn 1/10th, it will feel good!

Love to all & thanks for always being here.

Jaci
  3. JP

JP New Member

Happy to hear your great news. My Mom is into Curves too. She is in her 70's and is pretty darn healthy. I love it!!I looked at buying a franchise at one point. I thought it would be a fun and health supporting business to own.

Anyway, I am happy to hear that your energy is increasing and that you are moving forward with your life. The flower shop job might be a whole lot of fun too.

Take care...Jan
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Thought it was just the name of your local gym, Jaci. Never heard of it. Amy
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

This is the biz end of it, bottom line is it is a work out facility with no weights, just resistance machines, nothing that is heavy impact, just stretching & pulling, works the whole body.

In 1976, Curves’ founder Gary Heavin, having completed three years toward a pre-med degree, realized the need and opportunity to care for people through proper fitness, therefore, helping to prevent deteriorating health and potential illness. At the age of 20, he took over a failing fitness center in Houston, TX and made it successful. At the age of 25, he owned six successful women only fitness facilities and was providing weight loss guidance to thousands of women through group meetings. By age 30, Gary had built a fitness center chain numbering 17 locations and then...lost it all.

As he rebuilt his business and his personal life, Gary applied many lessons learned from both his successes and his failures. Gary’s 25 years of operational experience, innovations and hard work have built the largest fitness franchise in the world....Curves for Women®. Curves is an organization built on a solid foundation of values. The Curves franchise family attracts solid and diverse people, many of faith, who are passionate in their concern for the welfare of people.

Co-founder Diane Heavin originally designed fitness advertising as the sales representative for Gary’s hometown newspaper. Diane utilizes her fifteen years of industry experience to develop quarterly service packs which all the franchise owners receive and provides them with promotional and advertising resources that help ensure their success.

Together Gary and Diane developed the proven systems and extraordinary innovations that comprise the Curves program today, providing Curves franchisees with the very best systems in the industry.

In 1992, Gary and Diane opened the original Curves facility in Harlingen, Texas. The concept was so successful they began franchising Curves for Women® in October 1995. Like Sam Walton, who brought discount retail shopping to small town America, Gary and Diane are bringing quality fitness designed for women to your hometown.

Curves For Women is the world's largest fitness center franchise according to the latest edition of the Guiness Book of World Records. The January 2002 issue of Enterpeneuer Magazine ranked Curves as the 3rd best franchise and the 3rd fastest growing franchise. Curves now has over 1 million members in all 50 states and 5 nations.

6. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Jaci,
    I have mentioned Curves here to people for the last few months. I started the program in June and have lost 14 pounds and feeling really great. It is simple and most of the people are fun. My sister-in-law and I go, she has MS and it has helped both of us keep moving. I am having a flare these last two weeks but normally I go 2 to 3 days a week. I wish everyone would give it a try, I think it helps stretch muscles that tighten up so with Fibro. Glad to hear you like it. Much luck to you on your new program.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I remember your posting about your receiving this wonderful gift.
    Excercise and Orgasm are said to release endorphins into our bodies (so I am in favor of both~wink~)
    Seriously, they are said to effect our mental attitudes, relieve pain---a wonderful endorsement for excercise.
    Many of us have other chronic illnesses which could benefit from increased fitness--cardio, respiratory systems, metabolic, etc.
    Keep up the good work--sounds as if it is having great benefits!
    Best wishes,
    Karen
    Thought I would post a little about endorphins here:

endorphins

(ndôr´fnz) (KEY) , neurotransmitters found in the brain that have pain-relieving properties similar to morphine. There are three major types of endorphins: beta endorpins, found primarily in the pituitary gland; and enkephalins and dynorphin, both distributed throughout the nervous system. Endorphins interact with opiate receptor neurons to reduce the intensity of pain: among individuals afflicted with chronic pain disorders, endorphins are often found in high numbers. Many painkilling drugs, such as morphine and codeine, act like endorphins and actually activate opiate receptors. Besides behaving as a pain regulator, endorphins are also thought to be connected to physiological processes including euphoric feelings, appetite modulation, and the release of sex hormones. Prolonged, continuous exercise contributes to an increased production and release of endorphins, resulting in a sense of euphoria that has been popularly labeled “runner’s high.”

karen-It has also been said that they (take these with a grain of salt--please) 1. enhance our immune systems, 2. Help unclog blood vessels allowing better blood flow. 3. Anti-stress agents 4. improve memory 5. and one I would really like to believe,LOL have anti-aging properties

[ advertisement ]