My Dad Died Last Night.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Dec 15, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

He died peacefully last night. The long struggle is over for him.

Jim and I are leaving town early this morning, and I will be gone for however long it takes. We now have to make sure Mom is OK and settled. She won't be moving, but she will have to adjust.

Thank you each one for your prayers and support. I'm kind of numb right now, but I wanted you to know what's happened.

Blessings to each of you and your families during this Christmas season.

Love,
    Sue
  2. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

My heartfelt and deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Sandy
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

My sympathies are with you. God bless you and your family and give you peace and safety in your travels. Take care!! PG
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sue,
    Thank you for letting us know. My thoughts are with you and your family today.I hope you will be comforted by the thoughts and prayers of your FM family.

Peace to you
    Kathy
  5. ajp

ajp New Member

So sorry to hear about your Dad. My deepest sympathy. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Mindy
  6. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I know how hard this is during the holidays. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.
  7. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

When you stop feeling so numb, take time to grieve. Christmas will be a difficult time this year, you and your family will be in my prayers.
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Dear Sue,
    I am so sorry to hear you news..My prayers will be with you and your family..Sure wish I could say or do something to make the hurt easier..

Love and Prayers,
    greatgran
  9. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

My heart goes out to you Sue.

I have lost my mother and my sister and I know how much that hurt me. I can only imagine what you are feeling right now.

Find time to grieve when you can until then be strong for your mom.

10. levis

levis New Member

Dearest Sue,

So sorry to hear of your loss.
    My sympathies go to you and your family.

With Best Wishes
    Levis
    xxx
  11. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my father 20 years ago and towards the end I finally accepted that he was going to go.

With love, Sue.
  12. whoachief

whoachief New Member

are with you. May the knowledge that he is no longer in pain bring you comfort. I know that is what kept me going when my parent's passed away. God Bless.
  13. shinlee

shinlee New Member

my heart goes out to you. My best friend (Mom) passed on November 1st. Four of us were with her on the final leg of her life journey.

Mom was a dynamo and compassionate human being. She lived with Alzheimer's for 10 years only to then be dxd with stage 4 liver and pancreatic cancer 3 weeks to the day before she passed on. I shared with this forum the obituary written for this wonderful earth angel.

Take care of yourself.

Love and hugs.

Lisa
  14. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

too. I know it is hard. I hope you can find peace now.

Take care of one another & remember it is ok to cry!!--I know you will want to be "strong" for your mom, but she may also need to see your grief too for her healing.
  15. twerp

twerp New Member

I hope it helps you to know that your friends here are thinking of you during this difficult time.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  16. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

My prayers are with you.
    Take care for yourself.
    God Bless,
    Dee50
  17. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!

Sandy
  18. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Sue:

I'm so sorry about your dad. And right at Christmas, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ellen
  19. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm so sorry sweetie.. gosh we were just talking about where your dad lived yesterday! I lost my mom some years back and I know how much it hurts.. I went through the numbness too for a while which was a good thing as I had arrangements to make etc. Mom's ashes were scattered offshore from Capitola Beach.. There is a good grievence counselor at the Aptos Hospice. It's right on Soquel Drive near the shopping center if your Mom needs help through this. It's going to be an adjustment for all of you. I know in Mom's case I was so glad her struggle was over and that she could finally be at peace..You hang tough it's gonna be hard for a while.. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..
    Love,
    Dona
  20. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Words cannot express how sorry I am about your Dad's death. My prayers are with all of you. God be with you as you travel and as you travel the journey of grief.

Many have suggested taking the time to grieve.. How right they are. It is a long journey. Gradually you will find your new normal. My heart goes out to your Mom. I have watched the changes in my Mom since Dad died in 2003. Like my parents, your parents were together for a long time. Mourning doesn't disappear in a few months

Susie, we just talked about your Dad yesterday. You were right, he needed to see you before dying peacefully. How thankful I am you had that time with him.

I am crying writing this. My heart goes out to each of you..

Prayers and love,

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 12/16/2005]