My Dad died this morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Sep 8, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I know I probabely should of posted somewhere else but this is where I come for support for my severe fibro problems. I am soooo sad as my dad died this morning at 1:08am in my arms after battleing cancer. I felt so helpless and after many days sitting in the hospital with him , i hurt all over but mostly from my broken heart. guess I just needed to say that. Oh how I hate death! Love and prayers to all
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad.
  3. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I can't even imagine. I really hope you get lots of support and love to get through this tough time. May his spirit be with you always. Much love and prayers to you too...
  4. HarleyRidingGal

HarleyRidingGal New Member

My heart just goes out to you and to all that knew him. I just lost my father-in-law to cancer and although I'm glad he isn't hurting anymore, it just is so devastating.

I will send you and yours healing thoughts and I will keep you in my prayers before I sleep tonight.

May the hours, days and weeks ahead of you be ones filled with support and love to help you through this difficult time.

Again, I'm so sorry to have read about your dad. A big {{{{{{hug}}}}}} sent from me to you.

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I am very sorry to hear that your dad died this morning. It's lovely that you were able to be there holding him when he died. Treasure your memories of him and know that he is looking over you now. You'll meet up one day again, I strongly believe that. I know that grief over something like this is very hard.

[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2009]
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please know my thoughts are with you and your family.

Gentle hugs
  7. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

My most sincere condolences.

I'm sure your dad was comforted by your being there. Take strength
    from that if you can.

Remember the good times and he will live in your heart forever.

You will grieve in your own way, but I find, after 7 years, I can still
    fall to pieces over the loss of my dad. The loss is still there, and
    I find it is because of all the times I could have spent with him,
    but other things got in the way, so I put a guilt trip on myself.

I am learning that he would not want that, that he would want me
    to remember the times we did share and the laughter, his pipe, his
    organ playing, his fiddle-stompin', and his smile. That helps.

Healing strength to you...
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very difficult time.

So sorry for your loss.
  9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Sending my deepest condolenses to you. I am SO incredibly sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. I'm sure a little numb.

I'm sure your heart is completely shattered right now. Take the time to grieve as you must.
    What a special thing that you were there to share his final moments.

I believe that your Dad is watching over you and that he always will be. You have a guardian angel and none stronger than a Dad.

Bless you.
  10. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Right now, you are really hurting. Thoughts of your dad will come to you in music, events, etc. Allow yourself time to grieve. You will feel the sadness, the anger over death, but also the good feelings of the memories of your time together.

I honor my mother by putting an ornament on the tree at Christmas, talking to her. It will become easier in time.

My mother also died of cancer we didn't know she had and cancer sucks! I honor her at the Relay For Life, where I am a volunteer.

Thank-you for sharing your pain with us. I, too, find much comfort on this board.
  11. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

My sympathies and prayers for you and family during this difficult time.

12. Empower

Empower New Member

I am very very sorry to hear that your dad past. I know how hard it is to lose a parent.
    You have my deepest sympathy.

Please try to take care of yourself now, and take it is hard enough losing a loved one, but to have FMS too is really difficult

Take care

13. sascha

sascha Member

i am 67 now- my father died when i was 21- i still miss him sooo much. i have great love for him. he was an artist, and i took up painting. i feel connected to him when i paint. and to my mother, too- she was an artist and died in 98.

the thing is for me that people who have died more and more feel close by- i still have such sadness- but i truly feel them with me.

it is so hard- so good he had you with him - that was a great gift to him from you- Healing will happen over time. very best to you, Sascha
  14. debilyn

debilyn New Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm praying that God brings you comfort and takes your pain away.

15. greatgran

greatgran Member

Camp, I am so sorry you are having to go thru this. I wish there was something I could do or say to ease the pain, both physically and emotional.

I went thru this with my mother so I can sorta relate to how you feel. I too hate death and the thoughts of it scares me.

You will get thru this it won't be easy but just remember your dad is no longer suffering.

My prayers are with you and your family.

God's Blessing on each of you,
  16. daboysone

daboysone New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers and my heart go out to you and I wish you well. Please accecpt my sincere condolences. May you have an angel upon your shoulder to help you through these difficult days! Gentle hugs - M
  17. hensue

hensue New Member

I do want to tell you I am right there with you about the pain emotionally and physically you are going through.

My Dad died of colon and rectal cancer he was given six months and took him 4 almost 5 years of the most horrible suffering I have ever witnessed.

He was 6ft 3 big strong man heart good the first year was ok then down hill, he use to beg me to shoot him.
    It was one of the most horrible things I have ever been through and there were 5 kids in family to help and round the clock care.
    It still to this day is when I got extremely sick with fibromyalgia.

So do take care of yourself.

Then when my mother got sick she had lung cancer. We did not know it and I went with her to the oncologist. She did not want to know how long.
    She said I quote I am not worried about where I am going just how I am going to get there!
    In other words she did not want to suffer! As my Dad did.

She didnt to make a long story short she walked in to oncology fine and 3 weeks later she was gone.

We all miss thim so much we are a very big and loving family.

I just know she did not suffer I would not bring either one of them back like that.
    Even though I cry and miss them so much. My Mom who was a judge in this small town died the day before my birthday.
    She had bought me a tool box a red one.
    My two grown boys were always taking my hammer and screwdriver etc. so you can imagine how sweet that little red tool box is.

I am so sorry for your loss. As my Mother explained it to me which helped. The one thing you want in life is to die before your children or your Grandchildren. That is the way it is suppose to be not the other way around. She is so right! Now that I am the Grandmother and the mother.

Take care of yourself emotionally and physically it will get better I promise.
    Not that you will not miss them but the pain is bearable.

18. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

please accept my deepest sympathy at the loss of your Dad.
  19. chris350

chris350 New Member

I was in your shoes over two years ago. I know people will give you all kinds of advice - but don't forget you have fibromyalgia. You may feel physically strong in order to get everything done that MUST be done. Please allow yourself rest each day or you will pay for it once your father is laid to rest and all the family returns home, etc. Take several breaks, sit down with a glass of water where it is quiet and allow yourself min. of 30 min just to close your eyes and relax (as much as possible). This is the time to call upon family and friends to help you.

That was my 2 cents worth.

My heart, prayers and thoughts are with you.
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Love, Mikie