:( My Dad died today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dahopper, Mar 29, 2007.

1. dahopper

dahopper New Member

We went to Dallas this morning for my hubby's last IV and my Mom called me and told me she came home and found him in the floor dead. He has been very sick for awhile now but it is still so hard to lose a parent.
    Please pray for me not to go into another flare....stress is so damaging to all of us. I was in a month long flare and was finally coming out of it. Hugs, Love Debbie
  2. llama

llama New Member

Hello dahopper,

I'm so saddened to hear your news! No matter how much you think that you'll be prepared, you're not. It leaves you with the emptiest, lost feeling.

I can especially relate to the feeling today 3/29..my mom died 2 years ago on this date. I had taken care of her 24/7 for 2 years prior to her death, so I think I took her death harder than the rest of my family.

May you find as much peace as possible..and I truly hope that you don't go into a flare!

Take Care.........Jill.............
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers going up for you and your mom, and for all who loved him.

With deepest Sympathy,

4. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

...my heart goes out to you and I'm sending you and your Mom healing thoughts, and prayers for a peaceful passing for your Dad.

Time to be extra gentle with yourself. Is there one person you can ask (a sibling, cousin, close friend?) to keep an eye on you and make sure you're well cared for right now?

This is what helped me most through my recent tragedy. While I was running around caring for my kids, and others were there to comfort them, I really needed someone to watch over ME. I asked my brother, and he came through for me with shining colours. He made me tea without my asking, made sure I was eating, drew hot baths, and sent me off to rest. I asked him to stay close to me throughout the funeral, and he was there for me all the way. It made all the difference in the world.

Write back when you can to let us know how you are doing. So very sorry for your loss...nature
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2007]
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

my thoughts and prayers are with you
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I don't know you but can empathize with your loss! It

is so, so difficult to lose those we love ! Best wishes

though this trying time.

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Sending warm thoughts and wishes your way.

Nancy B
  8. jmq

jmq New Member

So sorry for your loss. I have lost both parents. Its is so hard...just remember the good times and try to take care of yourself.

9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am really sorry about your Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Kim :)
  10. dahopper

dahopper New Member

Its 11:48 PM and I have been on the phone with the Red Cross trying to get my youngest son home from Iraq, he is over there working. I hope they can get him home....so much red tape to go thru....so much more added stress. Hugs to you all !! Love, Debbie

My eye balls feel like they are going to fall out. weird !
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

I am so sorry to learn about the loss of your dad. I will be thinking about you and your family.

12. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I wish there were more we all could do to help.

Be sure to rest as much as possible and eat healthy during the next few weeks. That will help to keep you healthier and keep bad flares at bay.

Warm Hugs,

13. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'm sending good vibrations your way that you don't flare-up. Please try to get rest. Otherwise, you will be flat in bed. Soft hugs. My prayers are with you. Joyfully
  14. JLH

JLH New Member

Debbie, my condolences on the passing of your father.

My father died in 2001 and it was the hardest thing that I have ever had to go through in my life. He was not only a fantastic father, but a great friend.

He was in end stage renal failure and we knew it was just a matter of time, but when it happens, it still hits you like a ton of bricks.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

15. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You have my deepest sympathy. My dad died of sudden death in 1984.

16. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I am so sad for you!! And your poor mother to find him that way! I will pray for you to be strong and well enough to get through this. I know that you haven't been feeling well lately.

17. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

My thoughts are with you and your family. I dread the day that the same thing happens to one of my parents.

Take care of yourself and get lots of rest if you can.

18. paulmack

paulmack New Member

So sorry to hear of your Dad.Will keep you & your family in my thoughts,regards,Paul.
  19. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

are with you and your family.
    Take care,
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about losing your dad. Even if they have been sick a long time and you know it will happen eventually, it is a terrible thing, esp if you were very close to them as I was with my parents.

Unfortunately, I also was not there before the death as I now live in TX and they in NY.

Warm hugs and thoughs go your way,

Granni (Marilyn)
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]