My Dad fell...and I got a dose of reality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Dec 13, 2007.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

My Dad fell flat out while carrying a box of Christmas decorations into my house. I ran over to him, even grabbed the phone in case we needed the paramedics, but the cause of the fall was an uneven pavement, not a critical health issue. Just a few months ago he was diagnosed with melenoma and seems to be responding to treatment. I guess my revelation came when I really looked at him and realized that he has really grown older, and I've been oblivious to it because I've been in my own world of depression and this custody trial coming up. I'm so often trapped in my own world and don't see that the real world continues to turn and that time still marches forward. It scared me. I'm not sure how to fix it or what to make of it...just felt like I needed to share it.

Anyway...thanks for listening.

2. sisland

sisland New Member

I can relate to this! As my dad fell earlier this year and broke some ribs!,,,,I'm so Glad your Dad didn't get any injuries from this Fall!,,,,,,,,,sorry to hear of the Melenoma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe a Cane would be a good idea for your Dad ,,,,,,Just to steady Him,,,,,although you said it was uneven pavement,,,,just an idea!

It does scare you!,,,,Please take care of yourself and check on Dad often!,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  3. painterZ

painterZ New Member

for your support and sharing your stories. I don't know how old Dad is, he was never allowed to tell us because of his security level working for the Feds (totally true) but he has to be in mid seventies. I saw him tonight and he was feeling less sore and laughing that he's so thankful he missed a doggie pile some considerate individual left near my sidewalk. I realized that he was taking things in stride, like usual, and that it's a good lesson for me to try to work on.

Thanks again.